• 153(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-01-13, 22:13)estarna Wrote:
(2014-01-13, 22:00)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-13, 21:55)estarna Wrote: Hey Lunatixz, thanks for the quick response!

I made the last changes and nada... I also tested the strm file directly in XBMC, plays good...

<setting id="Channel_5_type" value="9" />
<setting id="Channel_5_1" value="5400" />
<setting id="Channel_5_2" value="hdhomerun://10396891-0/tuner0?channel=8vsb:479000000&program=3" />
<setting id="Channel_5_3" value="My Sport TV" />
<setting id="Channel_5_4" value="Sit back and enjoy a 24/7 stream of music videos on VEVO TV." />
<setting id="Channel_5_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_5_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_5_rule_1_opt_1" value="My Sport TV" />
<setting id="Channel_5_time" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_5_changed" value="True" />

Your guide is quite simple and straighforward...

I don't see why it is not workin' here...

Thanks for any imput.

-Eric

Looks correct, have you been clearing the cache or forcing channel reset after each change?

Cleared cache in ...AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv.live\cache. Also forced a channel reset. I wrote the information directly in into settings2.xml with Notepad++. In the setting UI could have Imesseup with a specific config ? Huh

Regards,

-Eric

Eric: I couldn't get the direct reference to "hdhomerun://xxxxxxxx-0/tuner0?channel=8vsb:479000000&program=3" to work either. So create a .strm file with that link in it and reference the SMB or NFS path in the _2 settings.
(2014-01-13, 23:02)Grbspltt Wrote: Eric: I couldn't get the direct reference to "hdhomerun://xxxxxxxx-0/tuner0?channel=8vsb:479000000&program=3" to work either. So create a .strm file with that link in it and reference the SMB or NFS path in the _2 settings.

Hdhomerun strms won't work without overriding validation check, but i'm uploading a fix for that later...

::Update::

Master git updated with strm nfo parser, and Hdhomerun exception for strm validation.

Strm nfo parser is pretty simple... PTVL will check all strm files for a matching nfo, if one is found the runtime tab is read, otherwise PTVL will default to a 60min duration. (This is only a backup process to calculate duration. First process is still through XBMC's database, which only applies if the strm was scraped into the library.).
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-01-13, 06:53)Redkiller223 Wrote: I haven't installed latest in a few days, but hows the auto setting commercials/traliers coming along? From my guess its supposed to help round things off to 30mins/1hr marks which would be awesome.

Still working on auto. I dropped the idea of rounding off time. No one wants 15 mins of bcts... Since bcts if set properly are hidden by the "hide short videos" option. I think auto will use the hide length and fill bcts into that timeslot .
(2014-01-13, 23:22)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-13, 23:02)Grbspltt Wrote: Eric: I couldn't get the direct reference to "hdhomerun://xxxxxxxx-0/tuner0?channel=8vsb:479000000&program=3" to work either. So create a .strm file with that link in it and reference the SMB or NFS path in the _2 settings.

Hdhomerun strms won't work without overriding validation check, but i'm uploading a fix for that later...

::Update::

Master git updated with strm nfo parser, and Hdhomerun exception for strm validation.

Strm nfo parser is pretty simple... PTVL will check all strm files for a matching nfo, if one is found the runtime tab is read, otherwise PTVL will default to a 60min duration. (This is only a backup process to calculate duration. First process is still through XBMC's database, which only applies if the strm was scraped into the library.).

Hey Lunatixz,

thanks for the quick response... So basically, I should work with my HDHomerun .strm files instead of the hdhomerun:// protocol ?

I emptied the cache and forced again the scan. Does not seem to appear.

Also the folder wich includes my .strm files are not scraped into xbmc database.

Should I create a .nfo file for each of my .strm files ? Basicaly those .strm are only the HDHomerun infos (i.e. hdhomerun://xxx...etc)

here is again my file:

<setting id="Channel_40_type" value="9" />
<setting id="Channel_40_1" value="5400" />
<setting id="Channel_40_2" value="smb://Epsilon3/Multimedia/Videos/TV/15.1_CIVQ.strm" />
<setting id="Channel_40_3" value="My Sport TV" />
<setting id="Channel_40_4" value="Sit back and enjoy a 24/7 stream of music videos on VEVO TV." />
<setting id="Channel_40_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_40_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_40_rule_1_opt_1" value="My Sport TV" />
<setting id="Channel_40_time" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_40_changed" value="True" />

Sorry if I miss something obvious...Wink

Again, thank you!

-Eric
I installed XBMC specifically for this plugin, looks like it's exactly what I've been looking for.

It works fine for me with YouTube, but just gives a black screen with any local files. I have to kill XBMC to get out of it.

I got the latest yesterday and again today directly from git, but no change.

The channels were all autotuned since I donated yesterday, no hand editing of the files yet.

I removed some folders from the library and it will just fail on a different folder each time.

Thanks,
John

sorry about the log in the post. I saw one a few pages back and thought that was how you wanted them.

Is this OK? http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=KqcpLzk2
Please remove the [code] log in your post and link to the actual log.
(2014-01-14, 05:40)Lunatixz Wrote: Please remove the [code] log in your post and link to the actual log.

Sorry about that. Hopefully it's OK now.

If not, let me know.

Thanks,
John
(2014-01-14, 05:45)Heiroglyph Wrote:
(2014-01-14, 05:40)Lunatixz Wrote: Please remove the [code] log in your post and link to the actual log.

Sorry about that. Hopefully it's OK now.

If not, let me know.

Thanks,
John

Okay IC the problem and will try to fix tomorrow.
(2014-01-14, 06:10)Lunatixz Wrote: Okay IC the problem and will try to fix tomorrow.

Cool, thanks!

John
Hi Luna,
Could I just check something with you please.
When your settings up bumpers, am I right in saying the correct configuration is to first point PTVL to your local Bumpers folder and within that folder, you should have additional folders named after the actual channel. You then put your actual bumper files in each channel folder? I read your instructions at the beginning of the thread and this seemed to be the way to set bumpers up, but the ones I've set-up so far don't seem to work. Is this correct method? Do you need to name your actual bumper file anything specific? I've tried using both auto and setting 1. Btw, the local commercials I've set-up work just fine....Smile
(2014-01-14, 16:21)Dumyat Wrote: Hi Luna,
When your settings up bumpers, am I right in saying the correct configuration is to first point PTVL to your local Bumpers folder and within that folder, you should have additional folders named after the actual channel. You then put your actual bumper files in each channel folder? I read your instructions at the beginning of the thread and this seemed to be the way to set bumpers up, but the ones I've set-up so far don't seem to work. Is this correct method? Do you need to name your actual bumper file anything specific? I've tried using both auto and setting 1. Btw, the local commercials I've set-up work just fine....Smile

I think there is an issue with my code and non English characters, I need logs to resolve the problem... I'm pushing a fix tonight that may resolve your problem...
(2014-01-14, 17:10)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-14, 16:21)Dumyat Wrote: Hi Luna,

I think there is an issue with my code and non English characters, I need logs to resolve the problem... I'm pushing a fix tonight that may resolve your problem...
Thanks for the update.
Again, just tried to create a log with PTVL debugging enabled as well, but when the XBMC log uploader asks me if I want the log emailed to me, I get a script error when I say yes. When I do the same thing without PTVL debugging, I don't get a script error. Quite frustrating, as I really want to be able to offer you as much info as I can so that your in a position fix things more easily. Smile
Let me know if a log without PTVL debugging would suffice? Not sure how much help that would be to you?
Also, is there a problem at moment with the dynamic artwork for live TV that you are aware of? I'm getting the dynamic artwork for local movies/TV Shows with no probs.
Thanks again...Smile
(2014-01-14, 17:10)Lunatixz Wrote: I think there is an issue with my code and non English characters, I need logs to resolve the problem... I'm pushing a fix tonight that may resolve your problem...

I turned on PTVL debugging, is there anything else I can do to help you?

I write software for a living but not python, mostly C/C++, so if I can do anything please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
John
Coming soon, Donor exclusive "internet" trailers

(2014-01-14, 18:11)Heiroglyph Wrote:
(2014-01-14, 17:10)Lunatixz Wrote: I think there is an issue with my code and non English characters, I need logs to resolve the problem... I'm pushing a fix tonight that may resolve your problem...

I turned on PTVL debugging, is there anything else I can do to help you?

I write software for a living but not python, mostly C/C++, so if I can do anything please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
John

its a Unicode problem, trying to pass ascii characters... caused by non English charsets. Since i'm in the US, all my paths and titles conform. But some users are having issues with there movie titles and paths... To track down all the little spots that are the issue. I need logs to spot the line of code that crashed...
(2014-01-14, 18:22)Lunatixz Wrote: its a Unicode problem, trying to pass ascii characters... caused by non English charsets. Since i'm in the US, all my paths and titles conform. But some users are having issues with there movie titles and paths... To track down all the little spots that are the issue. I need logs to spot the line of code that crashed...

I'm in the US too. I imagine that I've used "theRenamer" to pull in correct titles and format the filenames and I know that I've seen it add odd characters if the title included them.

Was my logging correct for what you need? I'm new to this whole XBMC thing.

Thanks,
John
  • 153(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45