• 164(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-01-24, 04:40)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-24, 02:33)deletedpenguin Wrote: ^ I'm getting a dependencies not met error when trying to do a fresh install on the latest Gotham nightly. Looking at the debug info, it's stating that PsuedoTVLive requires xbmc.python version 2.0 which is not available.

Thoughts?

Did you install dependencies from post 1?

Latest Master has some bugs, please hold off updating till I push a fix tonight.

Yeah, dependencies installed.
(2014-01-24, 04:49)deletedpenguin Wrote:
(2014-01-24, 04:40)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-24, 02:33)deletedpenguin Wrote: ^ I'm getting a dependencies not met error when trying to do a fresh install on the latest Gotham nightly. Looking at the debug info, it's stating that PsuedoTVLive requires xbmc.python version 2.0 which is not available.

Thoughts?

Did you install dependencies from post 1?

Latest Master has some bugs, please hold off updating till I push a fix tonight.

Yeah, dependencies installed.

Okay, fix will be include with tonight's update.
But you might want to wait for the next xbmc nightly to make sure the fix was merged.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Noted, thanks Lunatixz.
Hi Luna,

I updated to the latest nightly and installed your latest from Git but I have problems with the addon.

I updated settings and ran PTVL once to check without any changes to the channel configuration and all was fine, but I then copied over my settings2.xml from PTV and it got stuck loading content. I then deleted the settings2.xml and started from scratch, this time just adding one new channel to the default configuration, but again it froze XBMC when trying to add content. I tried one last time, and the same thing happened. It won't add any content other than streams.

Here is the log - http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=115342

I also downloaded and installed via zip all dependencies required, but the addon still said dependencies not met when I tried to install. Had to do a manual install...
(2014-01-24, 23:41)DJ... Wrote: Hi Luna,

I updated to the latest nightly and installed your latest from Git but I have problems with the addon.

I updated settings and ran PTVL once to check without any changes to the channel configuration and all was fine, but I then copied over my settings2.xml from PTV and it got stuck loading content. I then deleted the settings2.xml and started from scratch, this time just adding one new channel to the default configuration, but again it froze XBMC when trying to add content. I tried one last time, and the same thing happened. It won't add any content other than streams.

I also downloaded and installed via zip all dependencies required, but the addon still said dependencies not met when I tried to install. Had to do a manual install...
Code:
Starting XBMC (13.0-ALPHA12 Git:20140123-0af4096). Platform: x86 Win32 32-bit

You're running Gotham, Which I wouldn't mind if it was dated after 1/23!
Do you know for sure that it includes my merge?

::Update::
Disable Aurora skin, Its not working in Gotham, your copy of XBMC should support my merge! Which means it "should" be compatable with PTV
(2014-01-25, 00:04)Lunatixz Wrote:

Code:

I don't know for sure at all. I get a little fuzzy with the timezones some times so I'll hold off then and download tomorrow's nightly instead and give it a shot.

Is this the same issue that's been reported with previous Gotham versions? If so then I guess it's safe to assume I'm running a version without the new merge...
(2014-01-25, 00:18)DJ... Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 00:04)Lunatixz Wrote:

Code:

I don't know for sure at all. I get a little fuzzy with the timezones some times so I'll hold off then and download tomorrow's nightly instead and give it a shot.

Is this the same issue that's been reported with previous Gotham versions? If so then I guess it's safe to assume I'm running a version without the new merge...

Disable Aurora skin, Its not working in Gotham, your copy of XBMC should support my merge! Which means it "should" be compatable with PTV

Scratch that... Merge isn't in this build!! And Aurora for some reason isn't working in Gotham

Code:
script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: {"error":{"code":-32602,"message":"Invalid params."},"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}

If you see the above in your log, it means PTV support wasn't pushed to Gotham yet....
Okay, thanks for the headsup. Decided to test one last time to check without the Aurora skin and the same problem persists.

Will have to wait a little longer I guess...
(2014-01-25, 00:39)DJ... Wrote: Okay, thanks for the headsup. Decided to test one last time to check without the Aurora skin and the same problem persists.

Will have to wait a little longer I guess...

It's not the same problem... I just tested myself... If you change from Aurora to default.... you get a different error (on your end it may appear the same) but it isn't...
Code:
TVOverlay.xml Error = problem with skin
Code:
"error":{"code":-32602 = Gotham doesn't support PTV
::Update::

Tonights update will include:
  • Various tweaks and fixes
    Youtube/RSS sort ordering (check post 2 for details) Switch _4 (0 = default, 1 = random, 2 = reverse)
Also new dependencies were added. Be sure to install them!
Sweet!
i don't get it, what am I doing wrong? I removed all previous version's files then installed the new versions and I have a lot of problems...
Look at the pics:

As you can see I don't get the see the content's logo, poster, the channel's logo (1st pic), I get weird names for my channels and I "now watching" fanart isn't shown (2nd pic).
What can I do to fix it? (I have xbmc 12.3 running on win7 64bit and my skin is Xperience1080).
Trying to get my first live tv channel setup. Using tvheadend from a hdhomerun device on OpenElec. Set up works perfectly outside of PseudoTV live.

My settings2.xml looks like this

Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="Channel_1_type" value="8" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_time" value="1340" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_1" value="I1.2067.microsoft.com" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_2" value="pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/0.pvr" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_3" value="xmltv" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_4" value="" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_opt_1" value="BBC ONE W Mid LiveTV" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="False" />
    <setting id="LastResetTime" value="1390619485" />
</settings>

The XMLTV file was created and the names match up like I read to do. I'm getting the following error tho when running it,

Quote: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: ChannelList instance has no attribute 'LiveID'
Traceback (most recent call last):

I've never seen this "liveID" setting id that it's asking for, could someone tell me what its refering to please?

More of the log file can be seen here: http://pastebin.com/HyeHYFJq

Thanks
@Lunatixz, Thank you for your work on this project. It is truly incredible. Please forgive me if this has been asked before or if the functionality is already available. I am curious if it would be possible to have a python script that could create a file that PSTV could optionally load on start up (starting it from the Programs tab) that would contain the same information that PSTV creates when entering the program. This could be set as a cron job that would run at set intervals. The main reason I am asking about this is because I'm running a low powered android device and I'd like to have a lot of custom channels and it takes a while to populate the EPG. I am trying to 'cut the cord' by supplementing my HDHomerun OTA live tv with virtual channels so the wife/family acceptance factor is important. Having a script run on a faster computer or at scheduled intervals could reduce initial startup, IMO.

One more thing, is it possible to lower the contrast of the video playing behind the EPG? At times it's hard to read.

Thanks again!
Hi Luna,

I am having an unusual issue. I download the latest GIT and made sure I have all the dependencies. I set to Autotune so it would generate channels and everything worked fine. I then wanted to use PTVL with my manually created settings2.xml that I have been building and it loaded fine and started up on the first channel however when I tried to see the channel lineup by hitting enter the channel outline came up but took about 1 minute to populate with data. I also was then unable to change channels or exit out of the channel lineup nor could I exit out of PTVL so I ended up rebooting. The manually created settings2.xml has worked perfectly in prior versions. I have a mix of Live TV, auto generated channels, strm file channels and you tube channels. One other thing of note, when I first started PTVL with the latest GIT I activated commercials using You Tube however I kept getting the blackscreen on start up and changed it to internet and it loaded fine. Maybe my You Tube channels are an issue now? Could you take a look at my log? Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmisbu8kpzwjz1i/xbmc.logv1
  • 164(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45