• 169(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-01-30, 07:01)Steveb Wrote: Yes I know about the json access to addon_data and when it was fixed.
The previous workaround as you know was to add pseudotv's addon_data as a source.

Even with the json fix the workaround was still needed because the addon was having trouble creating its data files in the addon_data folder.
If you try to run pseudotv without the direct paths and the json fix it fails to write settings2.xml and all the channel.xml files are invalid and you get the error (failed to create channels...) .The json problem was not the only problem.

Its just what I've noticed during testing. Take out of this what you will but I have pseudotv working in gotham. Smile

Also I think you'll find that the security issue does not just apply to json but addons in general.

This is odd behavior. I just tested on the 26th and encounter no write issues. All playlists and xmls were created.

I just doubled checked... and other then changing the path for json request... all writes and reads are okay... I must be missing something? going to see if there is a new nightly and give that a try...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Maybe its changes you have made to the live version. All the testing and fixes I have done are to the stock PseudoTV(stablepre).
Should have stated that more clearly sorry.
I thought that there wouldn't be that much of a difference but there obviously is.
(2014-01-30, 07:41)Steveb Wrote: Maybe its changes you have made to the live version. All the testing and fixes I have done are to the stock PseudoTV(stablepre).
Should have stated that more clearly sorry.
I thought that there wouldn't be that much of a difference but there obviously is.

Yeah... must be... because I just installed Gotham Jan 29th and have no write issues...
Only "Gotham" change I made to Pseudo was to change the path for json request to access xsp's from translated paths to direct ones..

all normal functions work now, but I have to look into reports that my "BCT" option may not work..

I'm taking suggestions for new remote maps for PseudoTV Live, I currently have:
  • Record key - Future PVR feature
    Audio track change
    Subtitle toggle

anything i'm missing?
Hello,
I have an issue with the posters of tv shows not showing on the info window when i use aurora skin.Does anyone uses this skin?All name of the images are (poster,landscape,fanart) and dynamic artwork works except tv shows posters.Movie posters works ok!
Also in default skin tv show posters works ok.

Any ideas?
Luna, is the LiveTV Artwork suppose to be working now with the improved enhanced LiveTV? I'm using 0.3.2 and enabled the settings, also have my fanart.tv API key but still don't get any artwork for LiveTV channels. Should this be working now, need a log?
Hey Luna I recently put a version of XBMC on my Boxee Box and I scraped all my movies and tv shows. When Loading PTL it tells me that I didnt correctly scrape my files. I am not sure if you need a log or even worried about supporting XBMC on Boxee Box for PTL if not not biggies. Maybe I just need to change a file.
(2014-01-30, 16:22)Indy_star Wrote: Luna, is the LiveTV Artwork suppose to be working now with the improved enhanced LiveTV? I'm using 0.3.2 and enabled the settings, also have my fanart.tv API key but still don't get any artwork for LiveTV channels. Should this be working now, need a log?

No, I'm rewriting the code... Should be finished soon.

(2014-01-30, 21:24)HeLLy187 Wrote: Hey Luna I recently put a version of XBMC on my Boxee Box and I scraped all my movies and tv shows. When Loading PTL it tells me that I didnt correctly scrape my files. I am not sure if you need a log or even worried about supporting XBMC on Boxee Box for PTL if not not biggies. Maybe I just need to change a file.

I have no idea about Boxxee, Obviously you hacked your box to install XBMC? which means you are probably running an unofficial build of XBMC? So anything could be wrong... Your best bet is to turn on debugging and xbmc and ptvl and study the logs...

(2014-01-30, 10:51)tromy Wrote: Hello,
I have an issue with the posters of tv shows not showing on the info window when i use aurora skin.Does anyone uses this skin?All name of the images are (poster,landscape,fanart) and dynamic artwork works except tv shows posters.Movie posters works ok!
Also in default skin tv show posters works ok.

Any ideas?

?? I dunno ?? ARYEZ would probably know, its his skin...

Does it work in PTVL SKin? You mentioned it works in default?
Your skin Luna works ok but i think it uses only "landscape" image in epg window+info window
Aurora uses "landscape" in epg window which works fine and "poster" at info which works only for movies not tv shows.
Maybe ARYEZ or someone who uses aurora can tell if he has the same problem.

Thanks.
need some assistance. -- none of my live tv channels or playlist show up in the guide. I cant create playlist channels withing the channel manager either. I also update the version 0.3.2 to see if that solved the problem

LiveTv Favorites are working correctly.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58850968/xbmc.log
Probably a silly question but....

I have a channel made off a smart playlist of "TV Shows". Unfortunately, for some reason, it plays the same show (but different episodes) with very few of the other shows in the playlist being played. Yes, I have quite a few episodes of this particular show...but I just want a complete mix of all the shows in the playlist. There are WAY too many episodes to consider making an "Episode" playlist.
(2014-01-31, 01:31)Guile Wrote: Probably a silly question but....

I have a channel made off a smart playlist of "TV Shows". Unfortunately, for some reason, it plays the same show (but different episodes) with very few of the other shows in the playlist being played. Yes, I have quite a few episodes of this particular show...but I just want a complete mix of all the shows in the playlist. There are WAY too many episodes to consider making an "Episode" playlist.

there is a channel rule for how many episodes from a single show to play at one time... should help with the mix.
Let me know if that works for u...
edit: Nevermind, Luna beat me to a better answer.
(2014-01-30, 23:11)tromy Wrote: Your skin Luna works ok but i think it uses only "landscape" image in epg window+info window
Aurora uses "landscape" in epg window which works fine and "poster" at info which works only for movies not tv shows.
Maybe ARYEZ or someone who uses aurora can tell if he has the same problem.

Thanks.

Tromy and Indy,

You are saying posters don't display for tv shows in Aurora on your system?

Hmmmm do me a favor and check within the folders of one of your tv shows and let me know if you have a poster.jpg in there...if you do and everything is scraped correctly, I'll have to take a look at the code.

Also what version of xbmc are you running? Frodo or Gotham? And what version of PTVL are you on?
(2014-01-31, 01:40)Lunatixz Wrote:

there is a channel rule for how many episodes from a single show to play at one time... should help with the mix.

I actually used the channel rule (brought it to one episode) before I posted but it's playing them in alphabetical order. So it plays one C episode then another C episode then back to the first C episode and so on.
(2014-01-31, 04:24)Guile Wrote:
(2014-01-31, 01:40)Lunatixz Wrote:

I actually used the channel rule (brought it to one episode) before I posted but it's playing them in alphabetical order. So it plays one C episode then another C episode then back to the first C episode and so on.

Is your playlist set to alphabetical order?
  • 169(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45