• 173(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-02-02, 03:37)xecutionx Wrote:
(2014-02-02, 03:26)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-02-02, 03:14)xecutionx Wrote: The problem in the FAQ isn't exactly what happens with me (it adds the channel and adds a few episodes from each season, in order, but it skips from like S01E02 to S01E20 to S02E05). If I make a TV Show Smart playlist and add it as a Playlist channel, it works. Is this supposed to be the new normal behavior (it's different from the normal PseudoTV).

You have your answer, use the information as you like...

So what would be the point of the TV Show channel type now? Just asking. The thread is huge and everyone has different setups and usage so it's hard to get clear information on any specific option. I was just trying to use the TV Show channel type as I've had for months, if not over a year now and didn't understand why it didn't work as it did (and all I could find regarding problems with that channel type had something to do with Channel Sharing, which I currently do not use).

They technically both should work, but "episodes" is more accuracy since its a full direct list not a sublist like "TVShows".
It's more important to make sure unlimited is set.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I have been having what I think is EPG sync issues. I have read through the old forums, with blazin, and have searched everything I can on this forum. I also read through the first 3 posts over and over, and even though I am sure it is a configuration issues, since I don't see anyone having these issues (since 100 posts ago at least,) I can't seem to figure it out.

I am having issues with non-live tv channels, I constantly getting one of the following issues happening:
- I am watching a show, and half way through it skips to the next episode.
- I go to watch a show that is half way, (and especially when it is at the end) and it takes me to a new episode/show. (this I have logs for)
- The EGP shows the show being over, after it actually is, so the line does not match up with when it is ending.
- If I try and move a show back, or forward, it seems to cause these previous issues even more.

Here are my logs, and some pics of what I am experiencing.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1x29y4bjqetkqu...20logs.zip

Thanks for any help or pointers in the right direction.
So I recently switched from PTV to PTVL and I have loved the transition. But all of a sudden, it just stopped working. Now every time I try running PTVL, I get "Error Script failed! : pseudotv.py". I've deleted and reinstalled both PTVL and all of the script dependencies and it's still not working. I've posted the debug log below. Please help.

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p885zpt3k0hnri5/xbmc.log
(2014-02-02, 05:41)OhhBradd Wrote: So I recently switched from PTV to PTVL and I have loved the transition. But all of a sudden, it just stopped working. Now every time I try running PTVL, I get "Error Script failed! : pseudotv.py". I've deleted and reinstalled both PTVL and all of the script dependencies and it's still not working. I've posted the debug log below. Please help.

Are you running on a PC without internet? does XBMC have firewall permissions?

Did you modify PTVL code?
I am running on a PC without internet. But all of my channels are local media. Does it matter if XBMC has firewall permissions even if I'm not online? I did not modify PTVL code.

(2014-02-02, 05:49)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-02-02, 05:41)OhhBradd Wrote: So I recently switched from PTV to PTVL and I have loved the transition. But all of a sudden, it just stopped working. Now every time I try running PTVL, I get "Error Script failed! : pseudotv.py". I've deleted and reinstalled both PTVL and all of the script dependencies and it's still not working. I've posted the debug log below. Please help.

I am running on a PC without internet. But all of my channels are local media. Does it matter if XBMC has firewall permissions even if I'm not online? I did not modify PTVL code.
(2014-02-02, 05:53)OhhBradd Wrote: I am running on a PC without internet. But all of my channels are local media. Does it matter if XBMC has firewall permissions even if I'm not online? I did not modify PTVL code.

(2014-02-02, 05:49)Lunatixz Wrote:

The Live in PseudoTV partially implies an online connection is required...
I won't be limited my coding to offline use.
(2014-02-02, 06:01)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-02-02, 05:53)OhhBradd Wrote: I am running on a PC without internet. But all of my channels are local media. Does it matter if XBMC has firewall permissions even if I'm not online? I did not modify PTVL code.

(2014-02-02, 05:49)Lunatixz Wrote: Are you running on a PC without internet? does XBMC have firewall permissions?

Really? Dang man that sucks. This is so much sleeker than PTV. If there's any solution you could give me to enable an offline mode, I'd be thrilled to donate to your "shots" cause Sad
(2014-02-02, 06:05)OhhBradd Wrote:
(2014-02-02, 06:01)Lunatixz Wrote:

Really? Dang man that sucks. This is so much sleeker than PTV. If there's any solution you could give me to enable an offline mode, I'd be thrilled to donate to your "shots" cause Sad
I will include an exception for offline users in the next update
(2014-02-02, 06:08)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-02-02, 06:05)OhhBradd Wrote:
(2014-02-02, 06:01)Lunatixz Wrote: The Live in PseudoTV partially implies an online connection is required...

I will include an exception for offline users in the next update

Thank you Lunatixz. Much appreciated. Any foresight on when that might be?
Ok, did something change w/ .strm files and the coding? My vevo worked on the old .1 version, but I recently updated and it no longer pulls up in PTVL. I can open channel config under settings and find it there as "internet tv." I verified the same .strm works thru vlc codec, and like i said, it worked before I updated to 3.2. Heres a snippet of my xml

Quote: <setting id="Channel_60_type" value="9" />
<setting id="Channel_60_1" value="3600" />
<setting id="Channel_60_2" value="smb://192.168.85.101/mediaHD/strm/VEVO TV.strm" />
<setting id="Channel_60_3" value="VEVOTV" />
<setting id="Channel_60_4" value="Sit back and enjoy a 24/7 stream of music videos on VEVO TV" />
<setting id="Channel_60_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_60_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_60_time" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_60_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_60_rule_1_opt_1" value="VEVOTV" />
I use tvheadend as my xbmc pvr backend and it automatically gets the epg for me without the use of xmltv. Is it possible for psuedotv live to get the pvr channel with its epg directly from the xbmc live tv plugin or does it need xmltv to work (have had no luck getting channel to appear using pvr://...., probably because of not using xmltv).
Hi. Not sure if this was already asked, but will you be adding a reminder feature for live channels so that a reminder about a show could either pop up or change the channel automatically?
another query! Wink

Is it possible to get rss feeds like this working?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/seri...weekly/rss
http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/five...de/rss.xml

Any podcast rss link i tried that appear with this at the top when opened in a web browser do not work

"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."

While the likes of this does work

http://rss.earwolf.com/by-the-way-in-con...eff-garlin
Living room is up and running completely with this.

I will ask on this thread since this addon is the most crucial to my desired functionality.

Anyone using this on raspberry pi? I see there is a version of XMBC that runs natively as the OS but was curious if this worked on it.

I have a few questions I am seeking answers too (as this device would be a good bed room solution). The first question is how do you natvigate to the settings2.xml file if there is no OS behind it?

On another note: I am still struggling with the advanced channel options. I cannont get it to play in the following order:

Show 1 EP1
Show 1 EP2
Show 2 EP1
Show 2 EP2
Show 3 EP1
Show 3 EP2
Show 1 EP3
Show 1 EP3
Etc.....

It just plays show 1 twice, then show two once, and then goes back to show 1. Any ideas?
(2014-02-03, 16:52)XvMMvX Wrote: Anyone using this on raspberry pi? I see there is a version of XMBC that runs natively as the OS but was curious if this worked on it.

What version of xbmc is that!
  • 173(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45