• 174(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-02-03, 16:52)XvMMvX Wrote: Living room is up and running completely with this.

I will ask on this thread since this addon is the most crucial to my desired functionality.

Anyone using this on raspberry pi? I see there is a version of XMBC that runs natively as the OS but was curious if this worked on it.

I have a few questions I am seeking answers too (as this device would be a good bed room solution). The first question is how do you natvigate to the settings2.xml file if there is no OS behind it?

On another note: I am still struggling with the advanced channel options. I cannont get it to play in the following order:

Show 1 EP1
Show 1 EP2
Show 2 EP1
Show 2 EP2
Show 3 EP1
Show 3 EP2
Show 1 EP3
Show 1 EP3
Etc.....

It just plays show 1 twice, then show two once, and then goes back to show 1. Any ideas?

I don't own a Raspberry Pi, but I'm pretty sure all XBMC builds for a Pi have a linux backend, so you will need to turn on SSH and remote console in to edit the file or FTP settings2.xml back and forth.
(2014-02-02, 12:16)Daavid Wrote: Hi. Not sure if this was already asked, but will you be adding a reminder feature for live channels so that a reminder about a show could either pop up or change the channel automatically?

I won't add switch automatically, but when I finalize the PVR features a reminder prompt will be implemented.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-02-03, 16:52)XvMMvX Wrote: Living room is up and running completely with this.

I will ask on this thread since this addon is the most crucial to my desired functionality.

Anyone using this on raspberry pi? I see there is a version of XMBC that runs natively as the OS but was curious if this worked on it.

Yes!

I am using Raspbmc on the Pi. I have tried Openelec,etc but have found Raspbmc the most stable and rounded of the bunch.
The addon works, however it is not quite as fast as the standard PTV.

You can easily control the Pi with "Yatse" on a phone or tablet, or of course use remote.
I use FTP to access the settings2 file, or you could ssh.

The only bug in PTVL I have found so far is that the EPG will freeze the Pi if I stop the video playing while in the EPG....This does not happen on regular PTV..
(2014-02-03, 22:13)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-02-02, 12:16)Daavid Wrote: Hi. Not sure if this was already asked, but will you be adding a reminder feature for live channels so that a reminder about a show could either pop up or change the channel automatically?

I won't add switch automatically, but when I finalize the PVR features a reminder prompt will be implemented.

Nice one - Cheers for the info
Thanks for this great plugin. It sounds great and I am really excited to configure and get it setup to see how it really look. As I new to this, please excuse if I am missing something obvious but I am not able to figure out how to add streams from USTV NOW into PTVL. I followed the instruction and added a new section for channel 10 (as 9 were automatically created) -

<setting id="Channel_10_type" value="9" />
<setting id="Channel_10_1" value="5400" />
<setting id="Channel_10_2" value="rtmp://lv5.ustvnow.com:1935/dvrtest?key=MYKEY..." />
<setting id="Channel_10_3" value="ABC" />
<setting id="Channel_10_4" value="ABC TV Network 24x7" />
<setting id="Channel_10_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_10_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_10_time" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_10_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_10_rule_1_opt_1" value="ABC" />

But it doesn't show up in the guide. Am I missing something very basic? Also, in the first post, I see that support for USTV was added but then removed. Not sure what that mean.

Once I get the above working, I would want to add local channels from filmon plugin. I am assuming I can do the same but this time giving filmon plugin url. What I am wondering is if there is a way to get guide information that filmon plugin gets automatically.

Appreciate all the effort on this plugin and looking forward for a response.
Anyone with visual basic skills, please PM me...
(2014-02-04, 07:03)Lunatixz Wrote: Anyone with visual basic skills, please PM me...

I know c#, will that be useful? Smile
I know mostly C#/Java as well, very minimal on VB.NET.

Now that I think about it, I never actually knew you can develop xbmc plugins with .NET. I had always thought it was mainly developed through Python.
Knowing that .NET might be a valid option, should time permits I might start learning how develop xbmc plugin with .NET.
Hey guys,

Has anyone in the UK managed to get iplayer or TVcatchup to work, I was hoping to make a most popular on Iplayer channel. I cant get the rss or internet tv type channels working with iplayer. If anyone has managed this I would love to see how you did it.
Hi Luna - Just to let you know i think I found a bug. If you set the autostart channel to a number, for instance, Channel 1, but you don't have a channel 1 in the Settings2.xml Psuedo can't load. Not a bug exactly i suppose, but it could leave some noobs scratching their heads and reporting issues to you that aren't real issues.

Dave
(2014-02-04, 15:13)Daavid Wrote: Hi Luna - Just to let you know i think I found a bug. If you set the autostart channel to a number, for instance, Channel 1, but you don't have a channel 1 in the Settings2.xml Psuedo can't load. Not a bug exactly i suppose, but it could leave some noobs scratching their heads and reporting issues to you that aren't real issues.

Dave

Okay thanks I'll write something up to handle an invalid channel.
For my VB/C skilled users:

I don't have time to work on a windows channel manager, So I was hoping since this manager is written in basic, perhaps I could decompile it and get some useful code out of it?
Luna, I think I know the developer of that PTV manager.

Would it help if I put you in touch with him?
(2014-02-05, 00:45)DJ... Wrote: Luna, I think I know the developer of that PTV manager.

Would it help if I put you in touch with him?

I've been trying to contact him for over a year for source code... He ignores all my PMs, Posts... and even Reddit PMs!
If you think you can get source code from him, go for it...
If its the guy I'm thinking of then I know him personally and can mail him. I'll let you know when I hear back from him...
  • 174(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45