• 180(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
love the addon

just a few comments

1) when stop is pressed is it possible for the addon to give you the option of exiting or not, instead of exiting the addon straight away
2) on the default skin when info button is pressed and you can press left or right to see what was already on or coming up on that channel, if you could open up that program by pressing ok
3) on the default skin when info button is pressed and you can press left or right to see what was already on or coming up on that channel, the poster doesnt change when dynamic view is not enabled, i.e. you could have rocky 1 on and its show the poster for that and you press right to see that rocky 2 is coming up but it still show the rocky 1 poster (would prefer not to use dynamic view as my library has all the posters already in xbmc's folder and would be overkill scanning them in again when i have a very large library).
What's going on w/ my settings2? I swear I had 641 Disney working earlier in the morning, but when I added 622 & 623, (+ others) 641 no longer shows up and neither does 622. My xmltv was generated correctly by the same program w/ other channels working. Any ideas?

**ignore this, figured out what was going on ***
Code:
<setting id="Channel_622_type" value="8" />
    <setting id="Channel_622_1" value="I622.189860573.microsoft.com" />
    <setting id="Channel_622_2" value="hdhomerun://1314C179-2/tuner2?channel=auto:70&program=51" />
    <setting id="Channel_622_3" value="xmltv" />
    <setting id="Channel_622_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_622_changed" value="False" />
    <setting id="Channel_622_time" value="4676" />
    <setting id="Channel_622_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_622_rule_1_opt_1" value="CartoonNetwork" />

<setting id="Channel_623_type" value="8" />
    <setting id="Channel_623_1" value="I623.49591939.microsoft.com" />
    <setting id="Channel_623_2" value="hdhomerun://1314C179-2/tuner2?channel=auto:42&program=2" />
    <setting id="Channel_623_3" value="xmltv" />
    <setting id="Channel_623_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_623_changed" value="False" />
    <setting id="Channel_623_time" value="6552" />
    <setting id="Channel_623_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_623_rule_1_opt_1" value="A&E" />

<setting id="Channel_641_type" value="8" />
    <setting id="Channel_641_1" value="I641.186390450.microsoft.com" />
    <setting id="Channel_641_2" value="hdhomerun://1314C179-2/tuner2?channel=auto:72&program=22" />
    <setting id="Channel_641_3" value="xmltv" />
    <setting id="Channel_641_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_641_changed" value="False" />
    <setting id="Channel_641_time" value="4676" />
    <setting id="Channel_641_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_641_rule_1_opt_1" value="Disney" />

**ignore this, figured out what was going on ***
Hey Lunatixz

Not sure if this has been reported or a bug at all.

1. When trying to load PTVL, I sometimes have to press it a few times before it starts.

2. When it starts and the channel it's trying to load the stream(rtmp/http) is broken, I get the popup saying that there was a problem. RIGHT after that it almost seems to jump back to xbmc programs screen but at the bottom of the screen I can see the ptvl guide, if I press up/down it will load up the next time and it's back to normal.
How would I make this RSS feed into a PTVL channel, i.e. type 11.

http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users...nt/uploads
(2014-02-11, 08:13)jeversvik Wrote: How would I make this RSS feed into a PTVL channel, i.e. type 11.

You don't. You make it a type 10 channel (Youtube), and put the user name in: AllSamHarrisContent. Choose '1' (for username) in rule_2.
Hi all,

I have been skimming this thread & also trying my google-fu to get an answer, but have come up short. As a non-streaming user ('Live'), am I better served by the abandoned PseudoTV or active PseudoTV Live?

Thanks in advance!
Live still does everything the original did but is still being actively developed. That alone is enough reason to switch to Live.
(2014-02-10, 22:11)trancen Wrote: Hey Lunatixz

Not sure if this has been reported or a bug at all.

1. When trying to load PTVL, I sometimes have to press it a few times before it starts.

2. When it starts and the channel it's trying to load the stream(rtmp/http) is broken, I get the popup saying that there was a problem. RIGHT after that it almost seems to jump back to xbmc programs screen but at the bottom of the screen I can see the ptvl guide, if I press up/down it will load up the next time and it's back to normal.

Just to add some extra to this, here is the LOG for issue #1

PHP Code:
12:06:49 T:140672948184960   ERRORXBPyThread::stop script /home/david/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/default.py didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
:06:50 T:140672392750848  NOTICEThread XBPyThread startauto deletefalse
:06:50 T:140672392750848  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:06:57 T:140672948184960   ERRORXBPyThread::stop script /home/david/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/default.py didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
:06:57 T:140671713273600  NOTICEThread Jobworker startauto deletetrue
:06:58 T:140672392750848  NOTICEThread XBPyThread startauto deletefalse
:06:58 T:140672392750848  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:07:06 T:140672948184960   ERRORXBPyThread::stop script /home/david/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/default.py didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it 
Trying to setup a channel with a directory of strm files.
PHP Code:
SETTINGS2.XML

<setting id="Channel_4_type" value="7" />
    <
setting id="Channel_4_1" value="http://mydomain.com/repo/strm/" />
    <
setting id="Channel_4_changed" value="True" /> 

The URL above I can access in a browser and it shows the 3 strm files I have in there, for testing I used 3 strm files that I have setup as dedicated channels already.

named: xyz_1.strm
abc_2.strm
mop.strm

Channel 4 doesn't show up and I get the following error.

PHP Code:
ERROR
17:28:16 T:139909700515584   ERRORscript.pseudotv.live-ChannelListUnable to get information about channel 4 
(2014-02-11, 14:11)Sleuteltje Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 08:13)jeversvik Wrote: How would I make this RSS feed into a PTVL channel, i.e. type 11.

You don't. You make it a type 10 channel (Youtube), and put the user name in: AllSamHarrisContent. Choose '1' (for username) in rule_2.
I'm looking to make an RSS feed with several YouTube channels feeding into it. Currently the type 10 channel only does 1 user, playlist or channel at a time. Let me ask you this, do you know how an RSS feed would need to be formatted for PTVL work with YouTube links? I can only seem to get it to work if the feed has direct links to a video file.
I am checking out this amazing addon and am loving everything it does! I am still in the set-up process but have run into a little snag.

I use XBMC.MyLibrary to scan web content into my xbmc library as .rtmp files and when I try to run videos from hulu only the first segment plays then it jumps to the next show.

For example if the first show in the guide is from Hulu it will play the network roll and then jump to the next show. If that show is also from Hulu then it will do the same thing. If it from another source such as playon it will show the whole video.

As far as I can tell from experiments it only has this error when I try to play .strm files that link to shows from sites that have commercials, or other pre-roll videos. Hulu, CBS website, etc...
Like I said earlier I am still in the set-up process but I have been stuck on this issue for several hours now with no luck. I have tried searching the forum with no luck and have read a good portion of it with no luck. My hope is there is someone else out there who has run into a similar problem when trying to use XBMC.MyLibrary and PesudoTV Live together.
So I want to start out by saying pseudoTV live is awesome. But there isn't much in the way of set up interactions and help for Mac users. Understandable as most XBMC users are PC or Linux users but I was wondering if somebody out there could help me find my setting2.xml file.

In the instructions it says "edit your settings2.xml" without identifying its location at all. I looked under Users>[my username]>Library>Application Support>XBMC>[PseudoTVLive Add-on]>resources but was only able to find a regular settings.xml. I was able to find a thread that said you will not have a settings2.xml till you open the program for the first time but I have opened "PseudoTV live" many times and had no luck generating a settings2.xml. Finally, I am giving up and just straight up asking what is likely a n00b question "Where is the settings2.xml file located in OS X?"

Sorry if I am missing any pertinent details you may need to help me but just ask and I'll let you know .

I am running a MacMini 2012 model with 4GB of ram and a 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5 processor and OS X version 10.7.5

Thank you for your help.
(2014-02-11, 21:48)Jenesis83 Wrote: So I want to start out by saying pseudoTV live is awesome. But there isn't much in the way of set up interactions and help for Mac users. Understandable as most XBMC users are PC or Linux users but I was wondering if somebody out there could help me find my setting2.xml file.

In the instructions it says "edit your settings2.xml" without identifying its location at all. I looked under Users>[my username]>Library>Application Support>XBMC>[PseudoTVLive Add-on]>resources but was only able to find a regular settings.xml. I was able to find a thread that said you will not have a settings2.xml till you open the program for the first time but I have opened "PseudoTV live" many times and had no luck generating a settings2.xml. Finally, I am giving up and just straight up asking what is likely a n00b question "Where is the settings2.xml file located in OS X?"

Sorry if I am missing any pertinent details you may need to help me but just ask and I'll let you know .

I am running a MacMini 2012 model with 4GB of ram and a 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5 processor and OS X version 10.7.5

Thank you for your help.

Have you configured any channels within PTVL?
(2014-02-11, 21:48)Jenesis83 Wrote: So I want to start out by saying pseudoTV live is awesome. But there isn't much in the way of set up interactions and help for Mac users. Understandable as most XBMC users are PC or Linux users but I was wondering if somebody out there could help me find my setting2.xml file.

Thank you for your help.

There is no specific help for OSX (or any OS really) because this addon is OS independent. You just have to know where XBMC stores it's data for your OS which you can find in the XBMC wiki if you are unsure.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Userdata
Mac OS X /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/[PseudoTVLive Add-on]

Settings2.xml is generated the first time you run PTVL so make sure to run it at least once before looking for the file.

(2014-02-11, 18:20)dingokiller Wrote: Hi all,

I have been skimming this thread & also trying my google-fu to get an answer, but have come up short. As a non-streaming user ('Live'), am I better served by the abandoned PseudoTV or active PseudoTV Live?

Thanks in advance!

I think one major gotcha someone point out earlier in this thread is PTVL requires a network connection to even open I believe. Luna was going to address that in an update for complete offline use, but if that is not an issue for you, stay with the actively developed one.
::Update::

Updating HD-Trailer code *Thanks sphere,
Added 1080p Resolution, Parsing limits and New Parsing types along with new sources (apple trailers, yahoo trailers).
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
  • 180(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45