• 182(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
I am having problems setting up a couple strm channels.

I have some local UDP streams that I can play directly by selecting them as videos.

But this settings2.xml is spitting back "Unable to Populate Channels" when I launch the plugin :

Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="Channel_1_type" value="9" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_1" value="600" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_2" value="/storage/Streams/BigBuck_20Mbps_Mpeg2.strm" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_3" value="BigBuckTV" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_4" value="All Big Buck All The Time" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_time" value="0" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_opt_1" value="BigBuck20Mbps" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_type" value="9" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_1" value="600" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_2" value="/storage/Streams/Comcast.strm" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_3" value="ComcastTV" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_4" value="Comcast TV Test" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_time" value="0" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_opt_1" value="Comcast" />
    <setting id="LastResetTime" value="1392315291" />
    <setting id="LastExitTime" value="1392315294" />
</settings>

The content of the .strm files are just multicast addresses and as I said they work when playing them directly.

Openelec 3.2.4 XBMC Frodo 12.2, latest PsuedoTV Live.
I have moved to the older PseudoTV as it reads my media without issue. Not sure what is up with PseudoTV Live + NFS/SMB on OSX but I cannot get it to go.
(2014-02-13, 20:33)thelamer Wrote: I am having problems setting up a couple strm channels.

I have some local UDP streams that I can play directly by selecting them as videos.

But this settings2.xml is spitting back "Unable to Populate Channels" when I launch the plugin :

Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="Channel_1_type" value="9" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_1" value="600" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_2" value="/storage/Streams/BigBuck_20Mbps_Mpeg2.strm" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_3" value="BigBuckTV" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_4" value="All Big Buck All The Time" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_time" value="0" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_opt_1" value="BigBuck20Mbps" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_type" value="9" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_1" value="600" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_2" value="/storage/Streams/Comcast.strm" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_3" value="ComcastTV" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_4" value="Comcast TV Test" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_time" value="0" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_opt_1" value="Comcast" />
    <setting id="LastResetTime" value="1392315291" />
    <setting id="LastExitTime" value="1392315294" />
</settings>

The content of the .strm files are just multicast addresses and as I said they work when playing them directly.

Openelec 3.2.4 XBMC Frodo 12.2, latest PsuedoTV Live.

LOG?

(2014-02-13, 22:30)dingokiller Wrote: I have moved to the older PseudoTV as it reads my media without issue. Not sure what is up with PseudoTV Live + NFS/SMB on OSX but I cannot get it to go.

Good for you!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-02-13, 23:04)Lunatixz Wrote: LOG?

Sorry log is here:

http://pastebin.com/Uvr6jGWg

And updated Channel Lineup xml:

http://pastebin.com/GeNGcLDy
I was not trying to be rude, it seems like I have offended you. I donated to this project and am very thankful for your efforts. I just thought it was an interesting finding that the original PTV does not suffer in the same way, nor does library mode / scrapers.

Sad
(2014-02-13, 23:49)dingokiller Wrote: I was not trying to be rude, it seems like I have offended you. I donated to this project and am very thankful for your efforts. I just thought it was an interesting finding that the original PTV does not suffer in the same way, nor does library mode / scrapers.

Sad
I don't know any other way to take that post, it's not a necessary statement... I appreciate your support and I'm always trying to improve the addon.
If you don't want to invest the time to help me, help you track down the problem... it will most likely never get fixed!

I haven't had any reports concerning smb/nfs issues... So I first need to eliminate the possibility of user error (which I was trying to do in my first post to you).
If you're telling me PseudoTV works fine without changing anything, I can narrow down my changes and see what the issue could be...

If you want to test out possible fixes let me know, otherwise I will drop this issue until another user brings it up...
I have both installed still and would love to get to the bottom of this. What would be the most beneficial method for you to review? How about:

0. Enable DEBUG
1. Add a new channel of the same type to both platforms
2. Launch PTV and have it generate the new channel
3. Launch PTVL and have it generate the new channel

That should give a pretty close comparison between the two.
(2014-02-14, 00:28)dingokiller Wrote: I have both installed still and would love to get to the bottom of this. What would be the most beneficial method for you to review? How about:

0. Enable DEBUG
1. Add a new channel of the same type to both platforms
2. Launch PTV and have it generate the new channel
3. Launch PTVL and have it generate the new channel

That should give a pretty close comparison between the two.

Not necessary right now... My changes to smb/nfs are extremely limited... so I'll look over my code and send you a pm with a file to test...
Hey,
I ran it anyways as it was not too much effort. Full log & process attached.

FULL DEBUG LOG: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=130716

Scenario:

1. Added channel 31 to PseudoTV, Directory type - pointing to SMB://WINTERMUTE/...

2. Added channel 5 to PseudoTV LIVE, Directory type - point to SMB://WINTERMUTE/...

3. Started PseudoTV and it successfully created the channel with all files

4. Started PseudoTV Live and it failed to create the channel due to file restrictions

Notes:
1. I started fresh with Frodo 12.3
2. Another user reported this earlier, but every other launch (100% consistent) of PseudoTV Live fails with the error:
Code:
17:47:36 T:2690785704   ERROR: XBPyThread::stop - script /Users/justin/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/default.py didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
Thanks for all the hard work in tracking down this bug. Just in case it gets lost in my previous post, there is another small issue. Every other launch of PseudoTV (100% consistent) fails with the error:
Code:
17:47:36 T:2690785704   ERROR: XBPyThread::stop - script /Users/justin/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/default.py didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it

This has been reported by another user, you can get the full log from my post above.
(2014-02-13, 23:44)thelamer Wrote:
(2014-02-13, 23:04)Lunatixz Wrote: LOG?

Sorry log is here:

http://pastebin.com/Uvr6jGWg

And updated Channel Lineup xml:

http://pastebin.com/GeNGcLDy

You need to enable debugging in PTVL, then send me a log after running.
Thanks
Hey, sorry to bump in like this.
Was just looking for a feature, not sure I understood if this Pseudo-TV does it:
Is it possible to set up my own schedules and channels for smb:// content?
Let's say I have 230 shows on server, I'd like to be able to have full control, so choose what series goes on what day and at what time.
Would be great if it allowed configuration of single episode as well. Choose weather to add an intro or a commercial, etc...

thanks in advance
(2014-02-14, 16:09)grumpygamer Wrote: Hey, sorry to bump in like this.
Was just looking for a feature, not sure I understood if this Pseudo-TV does it:
Is it possible to set up my own schedules and channels for smb:// content?
Let's say I have 230 shows on server, I'd like to be able to have full control, so choose what series goes on what day and at what time.
Would be great if it allowed configuration of single episode as well. Choose weather to add an intro or a commercial, etc...

thanks in advance
yes - first three posts have all your answers. advanced chan rules
I did read them but couldn't understand. Sorry and thank you for clarifying it.
(2014-02-14, 17:23)grumpygamer Wrote: I did read them but couldn't understand. Sorry and thank you for clarifying it.

no need to apologize - see this link page 40 - https://s3.amazonaws.com/github/download...System.pdf
  • 182(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45