• 186(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-02-17, 21:45)modular511 Wrote: Ah ok how do i fix?? It works just fine in the original pseudoTV running in the other room, which leads me to think its a new issue.

Try letting XBMC do the scraping rather than Ember.
(2014-02-18, 01:48)Redkiller223 Wrote: Luna Is there any way to change the current state of epg coloring? I have a four year old (can't read, but would select shows by color), and im having trouble with kids cartoon colors being the same as like family guy. Maybe like a rule for certain channel to use use a certain color....

Swap out to color in the EPG genre skin folder with the color you prefer.
I'm using the "xbmc standard genre coloring" BTW Smile
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-02-18, 03:21)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-02-18, 01:48)Redkiller223 Wrote: Luna Is there any way to change the current state of epg coloring? I have a four year old (can't read, but would select shows by color), and im having trouble with kids cartoon colors being the same as like family guy. Maybe like a rule for certain channel to use use a certain color....

I understand that, but its more of genre problem then the colors themselves. A kids cartoon shows under Action genre and its lumped into the same color as Dexter or some other violent show. Undecided
(2014-02-18, 04:12)Redkiller223 Wrote:
(2014-02-18, 03:21)Lunatixz Wrote:

I understand that, but its more of genre problem then the colors themselves. A kids cartoon shows under Action genre and its lumped into the same color as Dexter or some other violent show. Undecided

Ohh, I thought it was about the color being similar to another genre color...

PseudoTV Live takes the first genre for each show, most scraped media if your not careful has a ton of genre types per show. Only way to fix this is to clean your database, create nfo's with ember (set to "1", not "0" genre entrees). Then rescrape with xbmc.
(2014-02-18, 04:18)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-02-18, 04:12)Redkiller223 Wrote:
(2014-02-18, 03:21)Lunatixz Wrote: Swap out to color in the EPG genre skin folder with the color you prefer.

PseudoTV Live takes the first genre for each show, most scraped media if your not careful has a ton of genre types per show. Only way to fix this is to clean your database, create nfo's with ember (set to "1", not "0" genre entrees). Then rescrape with xbmc.

So automatically scrapping (what I personally would think would be common sense) genres are out the window and have to do it long hand, huh? Sad

I was shooting for this epg color scheme......

Im close to being done with my knock off.....

(2014-02-18, 00:07)MrsAngelD Wrote: I wonder if this is related to ember media manager, I use it too. And I was wrong because I just built a new pc and now no matter what skin I use I have this issue.

The arrow keys next to the question mark on a keyboard skip shows in xbmc. works good enoguh lol
(2014-02-18, 05:53)Redkiller223 Wrote:
(2014-02-18, 04:12)Redkiller223 Wrote: I understand that, but its more of genre problem then the colors themselves. A kids cartoon shows under Action genre and its lumped into the same color as Dexter or some other violent show. Undecided

So automatically scrapping (what I personally would think would be common sense) genres are out the window and have to do it long hand, huh? Sad

Looks great!, Another thing you can do when it comes to the genres... is to manually edit each shows genre using one of the many xbmc tools, but I personally would just let ember do it Smile
(2014-02-18, 06:56)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-02-18, 04:18)Lunatixz Wrote: Ohh, I thought it was about the color being similar to another genre color...

Looks great!, Another thing you can do when it comes to the genres... is to manually edit each shows genre using one of the many xbmc tools, but I personally would just let ember do it Smile

I guess im doing something wrong then because i never found the change from 0 to 1 option and started doing it manually. Its not a lot of fun doing it manually.... I was hoping that anyone who would use the skin wouldn't have to go through the hassle to get it the "real feel"
(2014-02-18, 07:12)Redkiller223 Wrote:
(2014-02-18, 06:56)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-02-18, 05:53)Redkiller223 Wrote: So automatically scrapping (what I personally would think would be common sense) genres are out the window and have to do it long hand, huh? Sad

I guess im doing something wrong then because i never found the change from 0 to 1 option and started doing it manually. Its not a lot of fun doing it manually.... I was hoping that anyone who would use the skin wouldn't have to go through the hassle to get it the "real feel"

Go into ember, tvshow options, scrapers, genre with a box next to it with a "0" in it.
What hassle? Your media isn't scraped correctly, doesn't have anything to do with skins or others users. You can't expect accurate genre channels and colors if each show has unlimited genre types.
(2014-02-18, 04:12)Redkiller223 Wrote: I understand that, but its more of genre problem then the colors themselves. A kids cartoon shows under Action genre and its lumped into the same color as Dexter or some other violent show. Undecided

Whoa, Redkiller, that looks amazing! have you already shared this or plan to when you are complete? I'd love to continue watching the show while browsing the Guide!
(2014-02-18, 19:53)stevedawg85 Wrote:
(2014-02-18, 04:18)Lunatixz Wrote: Ohh, I thought it was about the color being similar to another genre color...

Whoa, Redkiller, that looks amazing! have you already shared this or plan to when you are complete? I'd love to continue watching the show while browsing the Guide!

I don't think the current video playing in the little window is do-able. Its just dynamic art.
(2014-02-18, 20:19)Redkiller223 Wrote:
(2014-02-18, 19:53)stevedawg85 Wrote:
(2014-02-18, 05:53)Redkiller223 Wrote: So automatically scrapping (what I personally would think would be common sense) genres are out the window and have to do it long hand, huh? Sad

I don't think the current video playing in the little window is do-able. Its just dynamic art.

Yeah, Lord know's I've tried... I think because PseudoTV already uses an overlay window that it's not possible to add a video window overlay...

BTW Redkiller have you tried using the genre colors from my PTVL skin? it's more of a solid bar, might look better then the default genre coloring?
Darn, thought I was gonna have this ready next week! lol... well good luck! I like the ideas!
(2014-02-18, 20:31)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-02-18, 20:19)Redkiller223 Wrote:
(2014-02-18, 19:53)stevedawg85 Wrote: Whoa, Redkiller, that looks amazing! have you already shared this or plan to when you are complete? I'd love to continue watching the show while browsing the Guide!

Yeah, Lord know's I've tried... I think because PseudoTV already uses an overlay window that it's not possible to add a video window overlay...

BTW Redkiller have you tried using the genre colors from my PTVL skin? it's more of a solid bar, might look better then the default genre coloring?

Yeah I've tried em out. A little on the bright side for my taste, gonna turn it down a bit.Cool
(2014-02-18, 20:58)Redkiller223 Wrote:
(2014-02-18, 20:31)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-02-18, 20:19)Redkiller223 Wrote: I don't think the current video playing in the little window is do-able. Its just dynamic art.

Yeah I've tried em out. A little on the bright side for my taste, gonna turn it down a bit.Cool
If you want them edge to edge without the fading, Fill in the white boarder in each image...
  • 186(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45