• 200(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
I'm having a problem building a regular directory style channel...

Let's say I have two folders... one where I have about 5 seasons of Law and Order SVU (about 100 40 min shows) and another where I have 100 music videos....

When I build the Law and Order channel, everything works fine, it finds all the episodes and works beautifully, it will randomize and play...

When it builds my music video channel, it will pick 5 or 6 songs and that is it (and it always picks the same 5 or 6 songs), and it really doesn't randomize the order, it seems to loop them for the most part.... all the files in the folder are the same file type, and they are all scraped into the video section of XBMC just fine... I've tried to clear all my cache files, like where PTVL creates those m3u files, and it still does it. I've tried turning off the the channel sharing and hosting the file locally, it still does it...

both folders are on my 6tb NAS, which is also home to my settings2.xml, as I am setting up a whole house system.
(2014-03-06, 04:46)Lunatixz Wrote: Hows Popcorn working out for everyone?
If it's well received I will add more sources, otherwise I will move on...

So far it has been working great for me! More sources would be great - do you have any particular sources in mind?
(2014-03-06, 16:11)Daavid Wrote:

So far it has been working great for me! More sources would be great - do you have any particular sources in mind?

I was planning on using Crackle free movies and more YouTube sources... But it doesn't appear to be a popular feature, so I'm going to move on...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
::Update::

Next Update will include a new "Advanced" youtube switch for raw gdata queries.

Users can generate their own "atom" YouTube queries using gdata's many options.

Demo generator can be found here: http://gdata.youtube.com/demo/index.html

Absolutely no support will be offered for this switch, it's for advanced users.

As long as all entries have a: Title, Description, Duration (Optional: Genre, Thumburl) your channel should generate.
Pagination will not work, only a single page is parsed.

Example:
Code:
<setting id="Channel_#_type" value="10" />
<setting id="Channel_#_1" value="http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/charts/movies/most_popular?v=2&paid-content=false&region=US&movie-genre=1&hl=en" />
<setting id="Channel_#_2" value="9" />
<setting id="Channel_#_3" value="100" />
<setting id="Channel_#_4" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_#_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rule_1_opt_1" value="Free Movies" />
I had checked out the BringthePopcorn website, and there are some decent movies, you also get some that are poorly encoded and have subtitles. I experimented with YouTube searches, and you can find a lot of full length HD movies, you can also end up with 'visit this site for link' though. If you find the right playlists you can get good results though. I remember seeing something about live tv extended episode info(but can't find it), could that be used to get info for YouTube links(closest match title)? I'm more interested in the dvr/companion tool/direct plugin directory channel builder you have proposed, rather than more sources.

EDIT: Just saw the new 'advanced youtube' search, this looks interesting. I've noticed with the searches I've done 'long(20min+) videos still return 'click this link' videos and thought it would be great to have a 60min+ filter. I'm guessing the 'duration' switch is a minimum, is this correct?
(2014-03-06, 21:40)spyder Wrote: I'm more interested in the dvr/companion tool/direct plugin directory channel builder you have proposed, rather than more sources.

A lot of planned development is on hold till Gotham Final, Such as direct plugin support, All PVR features... Companion tool (Windows/Android) is in development, unfortunately at a snails pace. No ETA!!

Luna, I tired to do some testing today on the new version on BringThePopcorn,

everytime I enable Autotune, Select BringThePopcorn and relaunch, i get a black screen.

This is after i have re-installed, made some configuration changes, started PTLV to make sure it is working and restarted.

log below.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cw7odhm6g366bze/xbmc.log
(2014-03-06, 21:46)Lunatixz Wrote: A lot of planned development is on hold till Gotham Final, Such as direct plugin support, All PVR features... Companion tool (Windows/Android) is in development, unfortunately at a snails pace. No ETA!!
I will hold off on bugging you till after Gotham is released thenTongue. I am very patient, I have known about this from the beginning and I held off for months until reinstalling and trying new features and building my own channels. I'm sure there are lots of users out there that need help with sourcing content, and I am now glad that you are putting the time to get YouTube movies integrated.
(2014-03-06, 22:45)ylafont Wrote:

Luna, I tired to do some testing today on the new version on BringThePopcorn,

everytime I enable Autotune, Select BringThePopcorn and relaunch, i get a black screen.

This is after i have re-installed, made some configuration changes, started PTLV to make sure it is working and restarted.

log below.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cw7odhm6g366bze/xbmc.log

your log has no info, make sure you enable debugging in xbmc and run at level 1
(2014-03-06, 21:09)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-03-06, 16:11)Daavid Wrote:

I was planning on using Crackle free movies and more YouTube sources... But it doesn't appear to be a popular feature, so I'm going to move on...

I am surprised you have not heard more responses...I am late on this one, but please reconsider adding additional sources...this is great!!!!!!
Still looking for any help. can anybody verify that this can install on the ouya? I have tried everything else i can think of. thanx guys
trust me bro it can install on ouya (frodo) and (gotham). i dont know what the problem is but it can be done and all i did was grab the zip file and then installed it i did not do anything special hope you get it working tho i enjoy it on my ouya more then my pc.
what is it saying when you try to install?
you could try unzipping the file on your pc then moving it to the addons folder on your ouya to that may work for you, and make sure your ouya sd card is not full i had a problem with that before.
man i love the ouya. by far the best xbmc box for the money. it is saying it does not have the correct structure. makes no sense at all. i have reformatted the ouya twice. tried frodo, gotham, stock ouya xbmc. all say same thing. i can actually run pseudotv original with no problem. i will try unzip and see if that works. again, thanks scilz.
scilz, thanks for your help. you gave me an idea that i hadn't tried and it worked. for those that hopefully never run into this,,,, for the ouya. firstly, it would not install from smb share. so i uploaded it to dropbox, downloaded it to the ouya from there. in xbmc in addons, install from zip file, found the file and it installed perfectly. i do not know why but after a week pulling my hair out it's installed. thanks for replying scilz. rock on bud
First of all this is by far and away my favorite add-on.

That being said, I’ve got fifty-three channels worth of local TV programming with vast differences in content and sometimes my local commercials don’t make sense. What I’m wondering is if there’s some way to set up the local commercials in the same manner as the network bumpers to have channel specific commercials. It’s really weird to have Budweiser ads on Cartoon Network and ads for Ninja Turtle action figures on a channel for un-subtitled anime like Animax.

Also it would cut down on a lot of user end work if there was a way to implement the channel rules on all channels at once. Being able to set even show distribution and the like as a constant would be great.

Just a few thoughts.
  • 200(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45