Some mkv's will not play
Hi all and thank you in advance for any help. I have a few new mkv files that will not play. I have posted a log file here that I am hoping might make sense to someone smarter than me. It is posted here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36980
I was trying to play a file called titanic.mkv When I try to play it, the screen goes blank as it tries to start but then goes back to the menu. It only takes about 2 seconds. The file plays fine with VLC on my windows 7 laptop. My XBMC machine is an Acer Revo 3610 running Frodo 12.2 XBMCbuntu. Hope you guys can help me, and thank you!
Hi all. I could really use some help,on this one. Are the logs no help? Is there any recommendations? Thanks for any help I can get.
Titantic has DTS audio however whatever you have the Acer connected to only supports LPCM audio. You need to set:

Audio Ouput: Analog
Speaker configuration: 7.1
Audio output device: HDMI - HDA NVidia
Thank you jjd. I really appreciate the response. I am running my Acer through a pioneer VSX-1021 that does support DTS although I am only using 5.1. I tried switching to the settings you recommend anyway but it did not help. I also tried those settings but 5.1 with no luck. I can't even get the video to come up on the screen so I can pause it and look at the settings.
Is there anything I can look for in the logs that might help?
Thanks again for any help.
It's definitely your audio settings and according to the log the HDMI audio is not reporting any bitstream formats such as DTS or Dolby Digital, that normally means the connected device is not capable. Unfortunately I'm more of a Windows man but noticed the lack of response in passing so can't help much with any Linux specifics:

Try:

Audio Output: Analog
Speaker configuration: 2.0
Audio output device: HDMI

That should hopefully allow playback, if not then that would suggest to me that something is seriously messed up somewhere.
Have you tried other files than Titanic too?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some mkv's will not play0