Directory choice during silent install
Is there way to designate an install directory during a silent install. I can do a silent install, but I would prefer to designate the directory to install to. Is this possible?
Thanks.
I presume you are talking about a Windows install?

The 'installer' is based on NSIS which support several switches.

Quote:The Nullsoft Scriptable Install System (NSIS) is another open source installation system. It was created by the WinAmp authors to distribute that application, but it is now a general-purpose system which anyone might use.

When an NSIS installer runs, it creates a little window which says verifying installer: N%, where N counts from 0 to 100. So you can recognize these installers by this behavior. (Actually the verification procedure is optional, but most installers have it enabled. As an alternative, you can run "strings" and grep for "NSIS").

NSIS installers recognize /S for silent installation, /NCRC to suppress the CRC (verification) step, and /D=dir to specify the "output directory", which is where the program will be installed. These options are case-sensitive, so be sure to type them in upper case.

Incidentally, all /S does is change the installer script's SilentInstall attribute from "normal" to "silent". What effect this has, exactly, depends on the person who wrote the script. If /S does not perform a silent install, consider submitting a bug report to the installer's creator.

XBMC under Windows does not use any registry entries - the only thing the installer needs to do is copy files, so all standard switches have been left intact.
I just tried and this works quite well:

Code:
xbmc-12.2.exe /S /D=c:\xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Directory choice during silent install0