Linux Copying Media
Question 
Hello,

I am very new at this.

Im running the latest xbmcuntu.

I want to take all of my media on my external and copy onto my box. Here is the thing:
-i read the forums and i still dont understand how to copy it
-i had 3 hard drives, one is my OS a 60gig SSD. Then i have two 2TB HDD that i want to store all my media onto that

can someone please walk me through how to get that up.

Also if someone can help me set up the advance application launcher using firefox that will be great too. I dont see 'firefox in my usr/bin/ folder

Thank you

Has Firefox been installed? Again from the desktop session check with the application synaptic package manager.
(2013-07-16, 05:39)teeedubb Wrote: Log into the desktop session and copy your media that way, probably easiest.

Has Firefox been installed? Again from the desktop session check with the application synaptic package manager.

Thank you for responding.

But to be honest. What you said made know sense to me. I'm sorry.
Exit xbmc, you should be at a login screen. There will be a option to change sessions from xbmc to a desktop session (near your username), select that then log in and you'll be in a desktop environment, kinda like windows.
Moved to linux support subforum
(2013-07-16, 07:07)teeedubb Wrote: Exit xbmc, you should be at a login screen. There will be a option to change sessions from xbmc to a desktop session (near your username), select that then log in and you'll be in a desktop environment, kinda like windows.

Thank you! I'm going to try this as soon as I get home.

But quick question, in the catagories 'Movies' I want all movies from both hard drives appearing on that. Is that possible.
Yep, just add both hard drives as sources in xbmc.
ok.

As of now, when I go ass a source, I cant see any of the 2TB hard drives. then again nothing is on either one at the moment. would that matter?
(2013-07-16, 14:50)teeedubb Wrote: Yep, just add both hard drives as sources in xbmc.

when you go into desktop mode. It works just like regular ubuntu?
(2013-07-16, 17:42)dopeythatme Wrote: when you go into desktop mode. It works just like regular ubuntu?

Yes, you will have access to the operating system.
(2013-07-16, 19:53)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 17:42)dopeythatme Wrote: when you go into desktop mode. It works just like regular ubuntu?

Yes, you will have access to the operating system.

Thank you!
that woudl solve a lot of my problems (i hope)

do you have any idea how to make folders in xbmc
suck as movies, tv shows...etc

I want to make a folder called programs with like utorren, all the add ons
I still can not find the other 2 2TB drives i have when going through the desktop

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copying Media0