DTS-HD or DTS
Hi all just need some assistance to see where I need to start troubleshooting.

I have a Yamaha RX-V767 which can do DTS-HD and TruHD

When playing a TruHD clip the receiver properly shows that the TruHD decoder is engaged. When playing a DTS-HD clip however the receiver only shows DTS. I'm assuming that means it's reducing the audio signal to the core track only?

All the options under the audio setup screen is ticked to show that my receiver supports the new decodes.

My debug log below: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=37366

So is my xbmc install fine? Thanks in advance!
Quote:AE_FMT_LPCM,AE_FMT_AC3,AE_FMT_DTS,AE_FMT_EAC3,AE_FMT_TRUEHD,AE_FMT_DTSHD,AE_FMT_S32NE,AE_FMT_S16NE,AE_FMT_S16LE

Do you hear it or do you only look at the display? If you don't hear it - it won't matter for you anyways :-) (hint check if 7.1 speakers are running, if yes - it is not DTS)

AE opens with 8 channels and DTS-HD
Quote:20:56:07 T:140022270248704 INFO: CSoftAE::MakeStream - AE_FMT_DTSHD, 192000, RAW,RAW,RAW,RAW,RAW,RAW,RAW,RAW
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hehe... my hearing is not what it used to be.. but my eyesight is fine and tells me it's DTS Tongue

Thanks for the assurance.. i thought everything looked fine in the log.

Cool... will listen for audio on the rear channels (now why didn't I think about that)

Cheers!

EDIT: Saw it was only 5.1 content so will have to get a different clip.

Quote:20:56:07 T:140021906536192 INFO: ffmpeg[63FFF700]: Stream #0:1[0x1100]: Audio: dts (DTS-HD MA) ([134][0][0][0] / 0x0086), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), s16, 1536 kb/s
There must be some test tracks around the net somewhere, there sure are for DTS and AC3. Surprised if there aren't some for DTS-HD. If you family can stand you listening for "right rear" "left rear" - see what you can find!

EDIT: found one for you Smile

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1283497/is-it-...t_19354466

EDIT2: bugger those links are to megaupload. Calling Mr Dotcom... (I don't think he is leaving NZ in a hurry!)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It's fine... there's other clips on the Reference 2 Demo disc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS-HD or DTS0