Library scanning with disconnected network sources
Hi,

I did a quick search in the forum but didn't find anything related but if someone has already reported this, sorry. Smile

I have a QNAP NAS which is added via smb as a video source for my movies. I have enabled library scanning at startup and if the NAS is connected everything is fine and fast. However if it's not connected, the scanning takes hours because obviously XBMC is trying to reach every folder on that source, each with a timeout of 40 seconds... if you have hundrets of movies, you can imaging how long it lasts to finish scanning. I wonder why XBMC doens't skip everything because it skips the parent directory with all movies

Code:
14:02:55 T:4723314688 WARNING: Process directory 'smb://NAS-HS/Qmultimedia/Filme/' does not exist - skipping scan.

but then processes every subdirectory

Code:
14:03:35 T:4723314688 WARNING: Process directory 'smb://NAS-HS/Qmultimedia/Filme/127 Hours (2010)/' does not exist - skipping scan.
14:04:15 T:4723314688 WARNING: Process directory 'smb://NAS-HS/Qmultimedia/Filme/21 Grams (2003)/' does not exist - skipping scan.
14:04:55 T:4723314688 WARNING: Process directory 'smb://NAS-HS/Qmultimedia/Filme/28 Days Later (2003)/' does not exist - skipping scan.
[...]

This happens on OS X as well as on OpenELEC and I have this problem for months now. Is there a configuration problem on my side or does this need a fix?

Thanks
there's already a trac ticket for this.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13602
can you add your findings
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ok thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library scanning with disconnected network sources0