Req Merge best features of Confluence Customizable/Modified/Modded Vol2

There are by now three flavors of tweaked Confluence: Confluence Customizable Mod (mudislander), Confluence Modifierd (toiva) (spacemonkey?), and Modded Confluence Vol.2 (mad-max). They are all good; but perhaps a combination of all three --all best features of them three-- would be excellent. Would it be to much to ask the developers to sit together and at least determine in which respects their modes differ from each other, and what weight each of these differences carry with respect to skin heaviness (speed, responsiveness) when compared to stock Confluence?

That would make sense but I guess the argument is that the default confluence should be as responsive as possible to also run on low-speced machines.
doesn't take away the fact that a combination of the three skins could be offered on the forum for the ones who would like to use it. it won't be the default skin though
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I totally agree. The three skins are good, and I sometimes find myself switching between them. So it would be nice to have one skin with the best features.
(2013-07-19, 04:09)o007 Wrote: I totally agree. The three skins are good, and I sometimes find myself switching between theme. So it would be nice to have one skin with the best features.

All we have to do is agree which are the best features. Seems easy enough. Big Grin
(2013-07-19, 04:15)pkscuot Wrote: All we have to do is agree which are the best features. Seems easy enough. Big Grin
Well, we can voteSmile
this may be a good idea not just for the confluence skins but for others i am always finding one or two things on one skin i like then another one or two on another and wished i could have a mash up off all of them into one mega-awesome skin
No matter what we do there will always be someone wanting it done differently Smile more than one person working on a Mod is difficult, so unlikely to happen.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

If someone can convince Jezz_X to include custom home items, you will be my hero. It's one thing that I really think should be an option in a default skin.
Compared to other (sometimes use case specific) skins, Confluence is not offering the best out of XBMC for me. Missing lots of custimaztion and integration options. Also lots of usability tweaks don't end up in conservative stock confluence.
(2013-07-23, 02:22)Ned Scott Wrote: If someone can convince Jezz_X to include custom home items, you will be my hero. It's one thing that I really think should be an option in a default skin.

Problem is - A lot can go wrong with adding custom menu items, for a newbie it could be overwhelming and therefore bad for XBMC.

[aling-justify]

I understand (and respect) Mudislander's and all other developers' reservations, but I maintain that they, too (or is it they, especially?) must have a way to assess user feedback for what are after all independent and parallel attempts to do different variations of the same thing. So can somebody set up a voting forum?

[/align]
Problem with a poll, even if you get it up & have the correct options & if enough people vote to get a representative answer - you still have to persuade someone to do the code & to the best of my knowledge Max is concentrating on his new wife & toiva is happy with his Mod as it is. If I'm to be honest I'd really only be interested in the answers that I agree with as having to code stuff that doesn't interest me becomes hard work.

I personally feel that if someone wants to see something in CCM to come & ask - you may be lucky if I'm in the mood I might agree to do something silly like having an option to choose the colour of your watched checkmark because no one can agree on what it should be.

I created my own mod because all the others mods had something that prevented me from using them. So joining forces is not going to happen because i'd lose total control over the skin. Plus, i still cannot properly skin.

Again I understand Mudislander's and toiva's point, and totally respect it, that "joining forces is not going to happen". In consequence I thereby retract the request for consolidating the best mods into a new skin.

But I am less willing to retract the request for a polling as to what mods are the best ones. Even if it leads to no joint efforts on the part of the developers, it may well lead to invididual ones. Plus more knowledge is always better than less knowledge.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Merge best features of Confluence Customizable/Modified/Modded Vol20