Problem with Musicvideo - Scrapper
Hi All,
I've a little problem...I have updated my xbmc to the latest version (12.2) and now my music videos are not recognized correctly Sad The scraper find only the half of my videos. In my old version of xbmc I had the "last.fm" and "yahoo" Scraper but these are no longer available Sad Does anyone have an alternative Musicvideo - Scraper for me?

(sry for my bad english ;p)
Script1, I use AudioDB. I think I had to download an add on to be able to use it. I was having trouble as well. It doesn't do anything for me. I have a standard music video Text file that I copied from someone and then I just change the name and the extenstion to "nfo". I find my on thb file and my own artwork.jpg file. Just make sure your artwork is the correct size. It looks like this:

File (Madonna - Justify My Love)
Inside the file....
Madonna - Justify My Love.tbn
Madonna - Justify My Love.nfo
fanart.jpg

After that, there isn't anything for the scraper to do, but I had to have it to make Eden work. I assume the same will be true when I update to Frodo.

I am very new, so I hope if I am wrong someone with more experience will correct me.
Hi, thanks for your answer Smile but I think that it might take a little long for 250 music videos to create .nfo files ;p
Maybe someone knows another scraper?
(2013-07-24, 10:12)script1 Wrote: Hi, thanks for your answer Smile but I think that it might take a little long for 250 music videos to create .nfo files ;p
Maybe someone knows another scraper?

Oh wow. I bet so. I do it because I can't find another way. Hope someone does have a good answer for you. Some of mine are not necessarily released as videos. They may be from other TV shows/performances like an MTV award show or VIctoria Secret Fashion Show. But if I could scrape the rest it would be a big help. Fingers crossed.
Had zero luck with scrapers in XBMC, but I use mediamonkey to manage and have rigged that to create nfo's for me. It isn't "one click" easy (mediamonkey doesn't like XBMC " / " item separator and also uses UTF-16 encoding but XBMC only reads UTF-8) but it does get the job done eventually.

scott s.
I use Mediamonkey as well, could you post the details on how you get it to create NFO files, and how you fixed the issues you've encountered?
First, I have all my music video tagged or at least in the MM database. I installed an addon script "CustomReport29.mmip". This script can read the MM database and produce reports in various formats. So I hacked the script for xml to instead create nfo file. I extract from the database to create nfo entries for title. artist. runtime, plot (comment tag), year, director (composer tag), studio, album, and track. In MM I first select all song tracks to export, then run the script. It creates songfilename.nfo files in the same folder(s) as each selected songfilename. But I need unicode support so the script outputs UTF-16 (only encoding available). I think you can just change the script to output "latin-1" encoding if that's all you need, saving the next step. My last step is to use a freeware program UTFCast. This program can scan a folder tree and convert all UTF-16 encoded text files into UTF-8 that XBMC needs. The only hiccup is it can't overwrite the original files so I have to create a parallel folder tree (all my MVs are in artist/album/song folders) and just copy back over.

I don't really know what I am doing in vbs nor in the MM database functions, just figured out enough to get it working (for me). Someone who is good at vbs could probably clean it up, maybe even do the UTF-16 to UTF-8 conversion inside the script (using ADODB.Stream?).

It sounds like a lot but once the tags are right in MM I can export 1-300 (or more) nfos on just a couple minutes work.

If you want my hacked script I can post it. Original is by :

Code:
' MediaMonkey Script
'
' NAME: CustomReport 2.8
'
' AUTHOR: trixmoto (http://trixmoto.net)
' DATE : 05/03/2011

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with Musicvideo - Scrapper0