• 10(current)
Broken Yahoo! Weather
My current weather seems to be correct, but the forecast stopped updating last Tuesday. Wonder if Yahoo has changed their API?

Edit: Here's the Debug Log. Forecast seems to have updated when re-launching Kodi.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
it just started working again on my end.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-12-27, 15:58)ronie Wrote: it just started working again on my end.

I think mine is too. I noticed that when I restarted Kodi to get the debug log that the forecast had updated. Tried restarting Kodi yesterday and it had no effect on the forecast. Maybe Yahoo is doing some site maintenance? Or they're just having some problems?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
i only can see tree cities in the addon – is there any chance of adding more cities?
crisis? what crisis?
(2016-03-04, 13:26)PhyshBourne Wrote: i only can see tree cities in the addon – is there any chance of adding more cities?

sure, no problem.
i'll add an option to add 5 cities, like the other weather addons have.

an update should be available soon Smile
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
For some reason this is no longer working for me, wont update and is just showing a cloud with a slash through it ?

Is it down temporarily ?
(2016-03-24, 02:07)alphaomega16 Wrote: For some reason this is no longer working for me, wont update and is just showing a cloud with a slash through it ?

Is it down temporarily ?

Same issue here. Only seems to affect Yahoo Weather, so probably not Kodi related.
Happens sometimes. If you browse the site you'll probably see that it's not up-to-date.
Yep, Denver has been 32 degrees all day long. So there must be an issue
Yahoo changed their API, I'm assuming this is causing the weather issues.
Quote:To increase the security measure and better serving our YDN customers, weather data source will enforce OAuth 1 starting March 15, 2016. Please update your API calls with OAuth 1 enabled (via the OAuth /v1/yql end point if using YQL) using your Yahoo App key and secret.
https://developer.yahoo.com/weather/
(2016-03-25, 04:01)diedrichg Wrote: Yahoo changed their API, I'm assuming this is causing the weather issues.
Quote:To increase the security measure and better serving our YDN customers, weather data source will enforce OAuth 1 starting March 15, 2016. Please update your API calls with OAuth 1 enabled (via the OAuth /v1/yql end point if using YQL) using your Yahoo App key and secret.

thx for the info!

i'll look into it.
Hi, I have no pictures/backgrounds in the daily squares on the main weather panel. Is that happening to everyone else? The hi/lo temperature is there and it says N/A N/A, just no background pic or icon.

Thanks for the help.

Oh yeah, mine says 32 also. So I guess same issue.
(2016-03-25, 04:01)diedrichg Wrote: Yahoo changed their API, I'm assuming this is causing the weather issues.

Better serve us by giving us headaches trying to figure out what the hell we are supposed to do to get it working again. What security measures are needed for a weather service.

Is this something every individual user is going to have to do ?

Edit
Weather Underground requires an account with them for the plugin, Met Office wont show where I live, closest place is London, this one no longer works.

What are people using at the moment ?
Quote:What are people using at the moment ?

Because of the Yahoo change, I ended up getting a dev. API key from Weather Underground yesterday.
Anyone can get it and it took 5 minutes (it is free). Seems by far more accurate than Open WeatherMap Extended.
The Weather Underground add-on isn't in the repository anymore - how were you able to install to use the dev key? I will likely do this as well.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yahoo! Weather1