• 20(current)
Broken Yahoo! Weather
as far as i can tell, the yahoo api has issues at the moment.
it's really a hit or miss, whether they return a forecast or not.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Quote:Nor for me, it has done this a number of times before for me, then corrects itself.

this just happened here: Yahoo wheather is suddenly back, working again. Don't know why and how. Will report back, next time it stops working again.

BTW - the error-message, popping up before, red: "see logfile for further details" - which logfile? Kodi-crashlogs are usually placed in home-folder. Can't find a weather-log there.
(2016-10-11, 19:00)Jeffers24 Wrote: Nor for me, it has done this a number of times before for me, then corrects itself.

As a number of times previously it has corrected itself.

I would put my money on the problem being the source not the addon.
Doesn't surprise me Yahoo having issues with their API... i use the weather app sparingly, if its down for a few days its not a big deal on my end.

But the error messages popping up every two seconds is the annoying part, is there a way to disable the red: "see logfile for further details" message?

Thanks,
(2016-12-22, 16:29)apeg Wrote: But the error messages popping up every two sections is the annoying part, is there a way to disable the red: "see logfile for further details" message?

nope. kodi will display that whenever an addon has a problem.

if it happens again, see instructions in the first post and
supply a Debug Log so i can check what's wrong with the yahoo addon.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I noticed that there was no icon for Breezy weather, or at least none for me. Current log. Unfortunately, it's not breezy now, it's rainy af.

I really just want to know what icon Yahoo! Weather uses for Breezy weather, as in, what designation in the resources folder it is. I use a lot of different icon packs, and I'd just add them in, if needed.
it will return icon 23.png for the breezy weather condition
So it is. I just spent a good ten minutes looking for a city with Breezy weather (Vienna, AU), and there it is. I don't know why it wouldn't show up before, but it's fine now. And it uses the icon for Windy, which is what I would've done, anyway.

The only possible thing is that the icon wouldn't show up when Breezy was the current weather, and the weather is Breezy for Vienna two days from now. It's probably still fine, but I'll take a look then.
I keep getting a Yahoo error reported.

I have captured a log if needed, how do I upload a full log?

I have pasted what looked like the relevant lines related to the error below:-

09:38:18 T:13520 INFO: CPythonInvoker(10, C:\Users\willi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skinshortcuts\default.py): script successfully run
09:38:18 T:13520 INFO: Python script stopped
09:38:18 T:13520 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 13520 terminating
09:38:23 T:2020 DEBUG: weather.yahoo: forecast data: {"query":{"count":0,"created":"2016-12-24T09:38:24Z","lang":"en-US","results":null}}
09:38:24 T:2020 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Error Contents: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\willi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.yahoo\default.py", line 265, in <module>
forecast(location, locationid)
File "C:\Users\willi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.yahoo\default.py", line 108, in forecast
properties(data,loc)
File "C:\Users\willi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.yahoo\default.py", line 148, in properties
if response and ('query' in response) and ('results' in response['query']) and ('channel' in response['query']['results']):
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
-->End of Python script error report<--
thx!, the addon crashes when yahoo does not return a weather forecast.

i'll add a fix to prevent it from crashing.
(2016-12-24, 13:17)ronie Wrote: thx!, the addon crashes when yahoo does not return a weather forecast.

i'll add a fix to prevent it from crashing.

Thanks Ronie,

Yahoo seems to have got worse in the last couple of weeks, it was getting really annoying as I am getting this whenever my system starts up and every now and then during running.

Maybe made worse as I had settings for five locations.

Looking forward to getting the fix so no more error message and worse of all, the loud sound the error report makes,.

Best wishes to you and yours this season.
I just started Kodi (windows 10 desktop) and the Yahoo Weather app updated to 3.3.2 and then crashed. The temperature keeps going up and up and up. Now it's reading 2415 degrees F.
(2016-12-24, 19:43)blueribb Wrote: I just started Kodi (windows 10 desktop) and the Yahoo Weather app updated to 3.3.2 and then crashed. The temperature keeps going up and up and up. Now it's reading 2415 degrees F.

My version is also 3.3.2, it is working fine on my WIN10 laptop.

Try closing/opening Kodi.

If still not working correctly try closing down/rebooting desktop.
(2016-12-24, 19:49)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2016-12-24, 19:43)blueribb Wrote: I just started Kodi (windows 10 desktop) and the Yahoo Weather app updated to 3.3.2 and then crashed. The temperature keeps going up and up and up. Now it's reading 2415 degrees F.

I rebooted Kodi which rebooted my computer. I am having the same problem The temperature keeps rising up and up. No crash notices though. The crash is fixed but the correct temperature is not displayed. Maybe it's because no data was received and the app didn't know what to display.
(2016-12-24, 19:57)blueribb Wrote:
(2016-12-24, 19:49)Jeffers24 Wrote:

I rebooted Kodi which rebooted my computer. I am having the same problem The temperature keeps rising up and up. No crash notices though. The crash is fixed but the correct temperature is not displayed. Maybe it's because no data was received and the app didn't know what to display.

Which location/s are you using, I will put them in my Yahoo on my laptop and let you know what happens :-)
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yahoo! Weather1