• 21(current)
Broken Yahoo! Weather
(2016-12-25, 08:27)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2016-12-24, 19:57)blueribb Wrote:
(2016-12-24, 19:49)Jeffers24 Wrote: My version is also 3.3.2, it is working fine on my WIN10 laptop.

Try closing/opening Kodi.

If still not working correctly try closing down/rebooting desktop.

I rebooted Kodi which rebooted my computer. I am having the same problem The temperature keeps rising up and up. No crash notices though. The crash is fixed but the correct temperature is not displayed. Maybe it's because no data was received and the app didn't know what to display.

Which location/s are you using, I will put them in my Yahoo on my laptop and let you know what happens :-)

Fairless Hills PA
My Windows 10 Desktop (Kodi 16.1, Yahoo Weather 3.3.2) will display incorrect temps about 95% of the time (when refreshed).
My (2) Intel NUC's running OpenElec 6.0.3 seem to be OK today after they updated the addon (Update: They both started to fail this evening (Dec 25th)). Same problem.
All looks OK on my WIN10 Laptop, Kodi stable 16.1, Yahoo Weather 3.3.2.

Refreshed a lot of times, exited and reloaded Kodi.

I suspect it's a Yahoo/Location issue rather than a Yahoo Weather addon issue.

Add some other locations, London, New York................ see how they perform

As I am in Congleton UK (ignore Congleton sub-menu item in pic) I do not know what your temps should be :-)

My Yahoo weather is v4.2.4 from Kodi repo and has been useless for the last few weeks. Shows crazy temps like 384 degrees. Surprised this is the only option for weather for Kodi withoutout api key stuff
(2017-01-01, 01:43)jdig4240 Wrote: My Yahoo weather is v4.2.4 from Kodi repo and has been useless for the last few weeks. Shows crazy temps like 384 degrees. Surprised this is the only option for weather for Kodi withoutout api key stuff

Interesting, my version is 3.3.2, which Ronie released to stop Yahoo Addon crashing when Yahoo did not return a forecast.

Are you sure you are using Yahoo?
(2017-01-01, 07:14)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2017-01-01, 01:43)jdig4240 Wrote: My Yahoo weather is v4.2.4 from Kodi repo and has been useless for the last few weeks. Shows crazy temps like 384 degrees. Surprised this is the only option for weather for Kodi withoutout api key stuff

Interesting, my version is 3.3.2, which Ronie released to stop Yahoo Addon crashing when Yahoo did not return a forecast.

Thats what it shows:

Its gonna be a HOT one this week!!!

From my WIN10 laptop, I don't know why we appear to have different versions, maybe Ronnie can shed some light, this is my installed version:-

my only new years resolution: ignore any post that doesn't include a Debug Log.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2017-01-01, 21:19)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2017-01-01, 07:14)Jeffers24 Wrote:

Thats what it shows:

I didn't install Yahoo Weather service from the Kodi Repository, I installed it from the Weather settings:-

(2017-01-01, 21:30)Jeffers24 Wrote: From my WIN10 laptop, I don't know why we appear to have different versions, maybe Ronnie can shed some light, this is my installed version:-

Maybe because im using Krypton?
(2017-01-01, 21:34)ronie Wrote: my only new years resolution: ignore any post that doesn't include a Debug Log.

Well im not getting any errors, just bad data, but I could get you a log if you would like.
(2017-01-01, 21:38)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2017-01-01, 21:30)Jeffers24 Wrote: From my WIN10 laptop, I don't know why we appear to have different versions, maybe Ronnie can shed some light, this is my installed version:-

Maybe because im using Krypton?

Possibly, I'm using 16.1, try installing it from the weather settings if Krypton will allow
jdig4240,

What skin are you using?

I would have PM'd you, but it's not letting me for some reason... Sad

Thanks!
(2017-01-03, 05:41)sup191 Wrote: jdig4240,

What skin are you using?

I would have PM'd you, but it's not letting me for some reason... Sad

Thanks!

Eminence
It's due to Yahoo's own API returning results of null and how the plugin handles that response. Their own Weather API example page is intermittently throwing nulls when you click the Test button here:

https://developer.yahoo.com/weather/

Basically, the forecast method calls get_weather, then if it gets a response, parses it, then calls the properties method... where it checks if the data is as expected... but if it's not (results response is null) it never sets the properties storing the weather data to anything at all. And presumably then Kodi just pulls garbage data when it tries to getProperty those values, but I really still don't know where it's getting them from. Confirmed in the debug log that when getting a null response it shows random data. This being on 3.3.2.

The best and simplest solution is for Yahoo to just fix their API. Big Grin

One simple fix though that seems to work, and is super easy to make by anyone who doesn't mind editing the Python, would be to call clear() as an else condition of the first long if check in the properties method... if we get that far, but have no data, it will then set everything to it's default N/A values. You still don't have data... but it's not random crazy data, it's nice known default data.

I wrote some code to do that, but also to store the last known good data for a location in addon_data, and on null response pull that last known stale data back in. Submitted a pull request on github for it.
(2017-01-05, 07:46)Medlir Wrote: It's due to Yahoo's own API returning results of null and how the plugin handles that response. Their own Weather API example page is intermittently throwing nulls when you click the Test button here:

https://developer.yahoo.com/weather/

Basically, the forecast method calls get_weather, then if it gets a response, parses it, then calls the properties method... where it checks if the data is as expected... but if it's not (results response is null) it never sets the properties storing the weather data to anything at all. And presumably then Kodi just pulls garbage data when it tries to getProperty those values, but I really still don't know where it's getting them from. Confirmed in the debug log that when getting a null response it shows random data. This being on 3.3.2.

The best and simplest solution is for Yahoo to just fix their API. Big Grin

One simple fix though that seems to work, and is super easy to make by anyone who doesn't mind editing the Python, would be to call clear() as an else condition of the first long if check in the properties method... if we get that far, but have no data, it will then set everything to it's default N/A values. You still don't have data... but it's not random crazy data, it's nice known default data.

I wrote some code to do that, but also to store the last known good data for a location in addon_data, and on null response pull that last known stale data back in. Submitted a pull request on github for it.

Nice!! Thanks for the clarification.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yahoo! Weather1