• 22(current)
Broken Yahoo! Weather
(2017-01-05, 07:46)Medlir Wrote: Basically, the forecast method calls get_weather, then if it gets a response, parses it, then calls the properties method... where it checks if the data is as expected... but if it's not (results response is null) it never sets the properties storing the weather data to anything at all. And presumably then Kodi just pulls garbage data when it tries to getProperty those values, but I really still don't know where it's getting them from.

when the temperature properties are empty, kodi will set them to 0 degrees celcius.
in case you live in the Fahrenheit world, kodi converts it to 32 degrees.

if the addon fails again the next time it runs, kodi assumes the current temp is 32 degrees celcius and converts it to fahrenheit again.
repeat this a few times and it gets pretty hot pretty soon :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I need to refresh manually to get temeratures to show up when I start up Kodi. This is since a few weeks now. Any ideas?

(2017-01-21, 11:00)heula Wrote: I need to refresh manually to get temeratures to show up when I start up Kodi. This is since a few weeks now. Any ideas?

I have the same issue, I think it is the Yahoo feed that is at fault :-(

I am thinking of changing to another weather provider, any suggestions anyone?
yup, the yahoo weather api is acting up lately. you may have to retry a couple of times before you get a response.

i'll add some code to the addon that will handle it, so you don't have to do it manually.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2017-01-21, 14:20)ronie Wrote: yup, the yahoo weather api is acting up lately. you may have to retry a couple of times before you get a response.

i'll add some code to the addon that will handle it, so you don't have to do it manually.

Wink
HI,
The last post on this thread is way back in 2013. Yahoo is bankrupt and I've read that Verisan (spell ?) has bought them out.
I just installed Kodi 16.1 on my PC this week (Jan 2017) and I think Yahoo Weather is working. I live in Arizona US.

TIP

If you're new to this Yahoo add-on try placing your zip code in the location box if your City does not work.
I'm using Yahoo weather! to provide the forecast for 2 cities. I am also using it as a widget. On the submenu of that custom hub, I have a location switch item (Weather.LocationNext). The submenu item does not work unless, I first open the Yahoo Weather! add-on and click the location submenu item and switch locations. Upon returning to the widget, the location switch item now works. How do I get the submenu item to work without first going into the add-on?
i've seen that question being raised a few times before,
it's not an issue with the weather addon, but rather a limitation of kodi.
Hi all; I'm using the Yahoo widget in compact panel mode to display 7 days... anyone know how to change the font that is used to display the forecast? If "thunderstorms" is the forecast text, it fits fine [horizontally] in 1/7th of the panel but if "scattered thunderstorms" is the forecast text, it appears as "Scattered Thun..."

The font being used looks like an Arial or Helvetica font... I'd also like to try a different font but would appreciate any help on how to make this change. TIA!
Wink 
(2017-07-28, 02:28)TallTing Wrote: Hi all; I'm using the Yahoo widget in compact panel mode to display 7 days... anyone know how to change the font that is used to display the forecast? If "thunderstorms" is the forecast text, it fits fine [horizontally] in 1/7th of the panel but if "scattered thunderstorms" is the forecast text, it appears as "Scattered Thun..."

The font being used looks like an Arial or Helvetica font... I'd also like to try a different font but would appreciate any help on how to make this change. TIA!

----------------
Update: Found it, in the font.xml file of course... experimented with changing all the fonts, lol... for me it was <name>font14</name> which I changed from 33 to 23 and voilà... now the forecast text is NOT truncated. Hope this helps someone; cheers :-)
running the nightly builds of kodi 18 and when trying to use the Yahoo Weather app on an android box,kodi will open but then when trying to get the Yahoo Weather to take it reboots kodi to the main page of the android box.Does anyone have any ideas?Thanks
Got Yahoo Weather working on Firestick but unable on Linux Mint 18. Any suggestions?

SOLVED: cleared cache and for now I can say YAHOO!
fingers crossed

NOT SOLVED: Rebooted kodi and back to 32 degree generic
can't change location zip code
HELP!!!
Is there away to toggle Celsius instead of Fahrenheit?
@Fennec

See here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Weather
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-01-18, 09:15)Karellen Wrote: @Fennec

See here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Weather
Took a look at this just now. Those wiki instructions are out of date.
Settings > Appearance > International is inaccurate.

It's Settings > Interface Settings > Regional > Temperature Unit or Region Default Format.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yahoo! Weather1