• 32(current)
Broken Yahoo! Weather
(2021-03-08, 16:37)otava5 Wrote: you are right 5.1.0

You'll need to repeat what you did
BUT turn Yahoo Weather auto update off, else it will update again

I am using Yahoo Weather version 5.0.7, with the edited/fixed Yahoo Weather default.py on Kodi 18.9 Yahoo Weather AUTO UPDATE OFF, it's working fine
Thank you! Smile @zambu @pkscout
Here is weather.yahoo-5.1.0.zip that is edited to work on Leia.
It will also not set the addon as broken.
Just install the zip and de-select auto update after install.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/2f7b53
(2021-03-09, 09:32)dobbelina Wrote: Here is weather.yahoo-5.1.0.zip that is edited to work on Leia.
Thank you
(2021-03-09, 09:32)dobbelina Wrote: Here is weather.yahoo-5.1.0.zip that is edited to work on Leia.

Nice job. However, when I fixed it here I chose to use 5.0.7, disabled auto update, and just added the 2 lines to that to get it working again. 5.1.0 was a poisoned pill, pushed out only to break those in the community that fixed it in default.py, and to deter anyone else from applying the fixes provided by the community by removing all lines of code from "get_data" in default.py.

I didn't take time to see if there are any other grenades (added/modified/removed) in his self-destructing "update", but it's worth noting that he deleted all code from the "get_data" sub in default.py, likely to send a little "love note" to those who flat ignored his ridiculous post a few pages back, and after seeing the community editing the addon to keep it alive. "Oh yeah? I'm taking my ball and going home then!!" comes to mind.

Not worth going through the rest of 5.1.0, but I do know I don't trust a dev who's proven himself to be so petty and small he'd further break an app he's already declared he's dropped support for, and with intent deny users who can't yet update to Matrix keeping it alive. In my 20 years of xbmc/kodi I've never seen such a childish display of bad taste and vindictive coding.

- turn off auto update for Yahoo Weather
- install 5.0.7 via zip from a mirror
- enter your location data and enjoy
(2021-03-09, 10:54)hfam Wrote:

Nice job. However, when I fixed it here I chose to use 5.0.7, disabled auto update, and just added the 2 lines to that to get it working again. 5.1.0 was a poisoned pill, pushed out only to break those in the community that fixed it in default.py, and to deter anyone else from applying the fixes provided by the community by removing all lines of code from "get_data" in default.py.

I didn't take time to see if there are any other grenades (added/modified/removed) in his self-destructing "update", but it's worth noting that he deleted all code from the "get_data" sub in default.py, likely to send a little "love note" to those who flat ignored his ridiculous post a few pages back, and after seeing the community editing the addon to keep it alive. "Oh yeah? I'm taking my ball and going home then!!" comes to mind.

Not worth going through the rest of 5.1.0, but I do know I don't trust a dev who's proven himself to be so petty and small he'd further break an app he's already declared he's dropped support for, and with intent deny users who can't yet update to Matrix keeping it alive. In my 20 years of xbmc/kodi I've never seen such a childish display of bad taste and vindictive coding.

Nice post.

The 5.1.0 update was not a nice thing to do.

Not worth going through the rest of 5.1.0, but I do know I don't trust a dev who's proven himself to be so petty and small he'd further break an app he's already declared he's dropped support for, and with intent deny users who can't yet update to Matrix keeping it alive. In my 20 years of using xbmc/kodi I've never seen such a childish display of bad taste and vindictive coding.

- apply the 2 lines of fixed code to "get_data" in default.py, or grab a working default.py
Aw hell, I updated the steps at the bottom of my post and it made second post.  Doesn't appear I can fix it, sorry to all for the extra post. 

And thx jeffers24.  I've been holding that in for 24 hours, good to get it off my chest.
(2021-03-09, 11:11)hfam Wrote: Aw hell, I updated the steps at the bottom of my post and it made second post.  Doesn't appear I can fix it, sorry to all for the extra post. 

And thx jeffers24.  I've been holding that in for 24 hours, good to get it off my chest.

I would just edit whichever of your posts is no longer needed, select all text and replace it with 'Content Deleted'
(2021-03-09, 11:15)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2021-03-09, 11:11)hfam Wrote: Aw hell, I updated the steps at the bottom of my post and it made second post.  Doesn't appear I can fix it, sorry to all for the extra post. 

I would just edit whichever of your posts is no longer needed, select all text and replace it with 'Content Deleted'

Thanka for the tip, I just can't find a means to edit it! I'm not quite sure how i managed to get into the post to do the edit in the first place. Any hints would be very appreciated! Wink
(2021-03-09, 12:19)hfam Wrote:
(2021-03-09, 11:15)Jeffers24 Wrote:

Thanka for the tip, I just can't find a means to edit it! I'm not quite sure how i managed to get into the post to do the edit in the first place. Any hints would be very appreciated! Wink
On your post, select Edit then Quick Edit as in ss below
(2021-03-09, 12:21)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2021-03-09, 12:19)hfam Wrote:
(2021-03-09, 11:15)Jeffers24 Wrote: I would just edit whichever of your posts is no longer needed, select all text and replace it with 'Content Deleted'

Ahhh, that is, but I don't have the light blue edit button, nor do I have the Quick edit or Full options either.  Seems like an odd feature to withhold for n00bs in a forum, but maybe I do t get those options until I post more?  Weird, right?
(2021-03-09, 12:29)hfam Wrote:
(2021-03-09, 12:19)hfam Wrote: Thanka for the tip, I just can't find a means to edit it! I'm not quite sure how i managed to get into the post to do the edit in the first place. Any hints would be very appreciated! Wink
Ahhh, that is, but I don't have the light blue edit button, nor do I have the Quick edit or Full options either.  Seems like an odd feature to withhold for n00bs in a forum, but maybe I do t get those options until I post more?  Weird, right?
You may be correct about the light blue edit button, strange that even a noob isn't allowed to edit their own posts.

The Quick edit or Full options, only appear after selecting Edit which you can't do :-(
(2021-03-09, 12:29)hfam Wrote:
(2021-03-09, 12:19)hfam Wrote: Thanka for the tip, I just can't find a means to edit it! I'm not quite sure how i managed to get into the post to do the edit in the first place. Any hints would be very appreciated! Wink
I found this post.

It doesn't say how/when you get full privileges :-)

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2835572
(2021-03-09, 12:29)hfam Wrote: I don't have the light blue edit button, nor do I have the Quick edit or Full options either.

It's simple. As a newcomer to our forum, certain anti-spam measures are active for a certain period.
After that you will have full credentials as well as edit options next to your posts.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yahoo! Weather1