• 34(current)
Broken Yahoo! Weather
(2021-03-15, 19:29)Jeffers24 Wrote: I guess that will cause an issue with multiweather addon that I have installed in Kodi 19 as well :-(

I guess it will if it uses that particular API.  Personally, I get my weather info from two BBC RSS feeds, one giving local observations and the other giving me a three day forecast.  That's not inside Kodi though, its done via a script I wrote that puts the info on my desktop as my monitor is generally on during the day, whereas the TV with Kodi on it isn't.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2021-03-15, 20:02)black_eagle Wrote:
(2021-03-15, 19:29)Jeffers24 Wrote: I guess that will cause an issue with multiweather addon that I have installed in Kodi 19 as well :-(

I guess it will if it uses that particular API.  Personally, I get my weather info from two BBC RSS feeds, one giving local observations and the other giving me a three day forecast.  That's not inside Kodi though, its done via a script I wrote that puts the info on my desktop as my monitor is generally on during the day, whereas the TV with Kodi on it isn't.
On android I use an external app to Kodi, 'Transparent Weather Clock' that I find has good options and widgets.
Api? What api? I thought that multiweather's patch (= the one that was backported to 5.1.0/5.0.7 default.py) now uses yahoo's weather PAGE (or some xml that gets via http) to get the needed info because the api is gone already, regarless of what is said in the top of developer.yahoo.com for May 1st.

When the addon stopped functioning, I found weather.yahoo.extended in github here. I installed it and it did not work, showing zeroes everywhere, just like yahoo weather (the non-broken version), so I assumed its api died for everything that uses it.
https://github.com/abelgomez/weather.yahoo.extended
Form google search - Yahoo Weather Broken (fix)
Source
https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/yahoo-weathe...-fix/88872
Installable zip file Kodi 18.x: Dropbox - weather.yahoo-5.1.0.1.zip
(2021-03-06, 22:24)zambu Wrote:
(2021-03-06, 14:52)Sholander Wrote:
(2021-03-05, 18:34)pkscout Wrote: Is that file already modified? cause i replaced it and yahoo weather still not working for me

For us that are not savvy to edit Python files, can you upload somewhere your working "default.py" ? I'd very much appreciate your kindness Nod

there you have my file edit it.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/jesv2r

hope helpes
Is the file that zambu uploaded already modified?? cause i replaced it and yahoo weather still not working for me
Now it works, it takes more than 2 hours to show the weather. even though I restarted kodi several times......Thanks zambu
(2021-04-20, 02:06)DANI940 Wrote: Now it works, it takes more than 2 hours to show the weather. even though I restarted kodi several times......Thanks zambu

Once Yahoo weather loads you can force a refresh
(2021-03-11, 08:30)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2021-03-11, 08:24)mikefreeman Wrote:
(2021-03-07, 20:18)frodo19 Wrote: "Kodi 18 is dead "

WhatHuh

Kodi 18 is most certainly NOT dead. To say so is absolute ignorance. As long as OSMC doesn't use Kodi 19, I cannot use Kodi 19. As long as many add-ons don't function under Kodi 19, I cannot use Kodi 19. Kodi 18 will be completely relevant and alive until it is no longer used as the basis for major media center distributions like OSMC. I understand ronie's desire to move on, and appreciate all the work he's put into these addons, but to completely remove it from my machine without my permission while it still worked perfectly fine just plain pisses me off! It was the only weather addon I could get to actually work for my city with any level of accuracy, and now I literally have nothing. Rude and uncalled for. Don't want to keep the Yahoo weather addon going? That's fine. Let people know it's unsupported and move on. But let people keep it installed as it was on their system until it actually stops working at least. I don't see what the problem with that is. This just torques me off.
There's a working version here:- https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3020873

Make sure you turn Yahoo Weather addon auto update off before you install, or you will be updated to the non-working version again.
Like several others I was disappointed to lose access to Yahoo weather and am grateful for the posted solutions so that I could get it running again.  Several people noted complaints with the developer for disabling the add on, but looking at it from a different angle, I wonder since the move to Kodi 19 seems driven by security concerns with Python 2, was this maybe the ethical thing to do rather than leaving the addon sitting around indefinitely and have someone possibly get into security problems down the road?  I know the developer was not exactly tactful or nice in their response but were they ultimately being responsible?
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yahoo! Weather1