• 5(current)
PDM skin by SmokeHead
bumped the skin version number from v1.90 to v1.99, also did some fixes, and added multiimage to homescreen backgrounds.

(midknight @ feb. 02 2006,04:32 Wrote:the custom pictures for the home gui, does the skin support a network link instead of the picture on the hard drive locally?
don't know, never tried it, but you can try if you want.. change the path of "custom pictures" in home.xml.
by far the best skin out there!

but i have some problems... i installed your newest version, but all backgrounds are black Sad no pictures..

and if i want custon pictures, where should i put them?
just downloaded the v1.99 skin and i`m finding that what ever theme i choose in appearance the home pics don`t change to the new set. i`m sure they used to, but if i`m wrong let me know.

apart from that i agree with jazzen `by far the best skin out there!`. keep up the good work .

cheers b4tm4n.
(jazzen @ feb. 07 2006,22:00 Wrote:by far the best skin out there!

but i have some problems... i installed your newest version, but all backgrounds are black Sad no pictures..

and if i want custon pictures, where should i put them?
thanks m8,..put them in f:/pictures, and if you don't have/use any f:/ than change the path in home.xml

[edit:]
since i moved all options in settings menu to the new option menu (pdm options) i'm thinking of changing settings menu aswell cause now there almost no buttons anymore.. therefor made a mockup, and like the hear what you guys think. maybe somebody has a nice idea that i can use to make it something everybody would like.

before

the new settings page looks much better Smile
hi again smokehead..

i still can get the deafult backgrounds on the skin now after i updated to 1.9x

all the backgrounds are black.. can u plz help me out?

what is wrong?
hi, like your skin.. you might want to change the duration of slide-in for the seekbar. as it is now, it takes way to long for it to show up. this means you allways end up moving slider to the right, then to the left again when it has showed up and you know what you are doing.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(jazzen @ feb. 08 2006,16:56 Wrote:hi again smokehead..

i still can get the deafult backgrounds on the skin now after i updated to 1.9x

all the backgrounds are black.. can u plz help me out?

what is wrong?
hmm, this is strange, i did indeed change the home background stuff (moved visiblity tags to includes.xml) , but everything is working, i did test it myself, maybe something else is wrong.

(elupus @ feb. 08 2006,17:14 Wrote:hi, like your skin.. you might want to change the duration of slide-in for the seekbar. as it is now, it takes way to long for it to show up. this means you allways end up moving slider to the right, then to the left again when it has showed up and you know what you are doing.
thanks, ..and yes you are right,.. i changed the animation time from 500 to 200 mili seconds so it comes up a bit faster, did this for all slide stuff.

first things first: this is an awesome skin. i installed it yesterday and it goes very well with my 55vf820 rear porjection lcd tv.

the question that i have is that with the regular project mayhem iii when you press the black button on the gamepad, while you are watching a video you can see the cpu, resolution, codec being used, etc.). with this skin, what button is assigned to the gamepad to display that information?

thanks and keep up the good work...
smoke, great work on the skin! this is definately my new default skin, i love the fact you can turn on and off elements of the interface using the settings screen.

one small thing i would change is the font size on some of the controls, they are a little hard to read from a reasonable distance away (720 res on a 46'').

anyway, keep up the great development of this skin.

jt
(axavier @ feb. 09 2006,17:06 Wrote:first things first: this is an awesome skin. i installed it yesterday and it goes very well with my 55vf820 rear porjection lcd tv.

the question that i have is that with the regular project mayhem iii when you press the black button on the gamepad, while you are watching a video you can see the cpu, resolution, codec being used, etc.). with this skin, what button is assigned to the gamepad to display that information?

thanks and keep up the good work...
normally it would be the same buttons used by slideshow and fullscreen visualisation ("black"=codec, "white"=media info), but somehow it doesn't work correct with videos .. i know for sure that i used the correct code for it, so i guess something is wrong in cvs.

(jthunder @ feb. 09 2006,19:05 Wrote:smoke, great work on the skin! this is definately my new default skin, i love the fact you can turn on and off elements of the interface using the settings screen.

one small thing i would change is the font size on some of the controls, they are a little hard to read from a reasonable distance away (720 res on a 46'').

anyway, keep up the great development of this skin.
sorry..i dont have any hdtv so i can't test it myself, maybe you could tell me wich controls aren't readable, and i will change them,... thanks in advance.

thanks for the response smokehead. please let us know hwen you have a new version so that we can test. also i can tell you that i'm using it on an hd tv at 720p resolutin and it looks great.
Thumbs Up 
this is the skin i´ve been waiting for! great work so far.
where did apps and emulators go then?
i comitted some fixes on pdm, and uploaded a new build

(pschirki pieralla @ feb. 14 2006,11:05 Wrote:this is the skin i´ve been waiting for! great work so far.
where did apps and emulators go then?
i removed those buttons a while ago, cause all the other menu's use less buttons,.. but when you are in myprograms it can be found by simply pressing the "b (red)" button, i didn't removed any functionality only the buttons that weren't really necesary.

Thumbs Up 
thanks for the fast answer, really mucho impressive your skin.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PDM skin by SmokeHead0