Req Automatic vertical shift to accomodate subtitles in black bar.
Star 
There is already a vertical shift option, but it is manual.
The proposal is for an option to enable automatic vertical shift if the subtitles don't fit in the black bar.

Details:
- The video should never be cropped out of the screen. The maximum shift should make the video be aligned with the top of the screen.
- The video should be shifted only enough for the subtitles to fit comfortably in the black bar. Some videos have a very wide aspect ratio, which fully shifted would result in a huge undesirable black bar.

I really miss this feature a lot from Movist player. I wish XBMC was as good as a player Movist is.
I'm bumping this feature request.

I would like to see an automic vertical shift option, setting the video display near the top or the bottom of the screen display. Setting a certain percentage for vertical shift for all videos in the library does not work, since lots of videos differ in height. The top of the video should align with the top of the screen. Or alternatively, the bottom of the video should align with the bottom of the screen.

Setting the video near the top will give subtitles plenty of room to be well legible at the bottom. This automatic option should also help those with a beamer who want to screen fitted in a better way.
I'm thinking this idea will not be a priority anytime soon. Was hoping to shift the aspect ratios greater than 16:9 automatically to the bottom of the screen (projector).
(2016-06-04, 14:53)Pete_Repeat Wrote: I'm thinking this idea will not be a priority anytime soon. Was hoping to shift the aspect ratios greater than 16:9 automatically to the bottom of the screen (projector).

Same here.
I would like to have my videos (all variety of aspect ratios) always automatically aligned to the bottom of the screen.
I can do it manually by using the vertical shift, but this doesn't seem to handle all aspect ratios very well.
bump
would be perfect for aligning the picture to the bottom when using projector
If the display has a 16:10 screen aspect, you can have the perfect bottom black bar for subtitles. It works just fine that way on my 1280x800 laptop screen or 1920x1200 monitor. If you have a 16:9 screen, things will be a bit more complex, and manual handy work is required for now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatic vertical shift to accomodate subtitles in black bar.0