NEW and need HELP
Help please...new to XBMC.
Downloaded to my PC. (Win 7)
Downloaded to my Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Cannot for the life of my figure out how to link the 2.
What do you mean "link the two" ? What are you trying to acheive?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Trying to access my home videos on my android smartphone. I can do this with plex but looking for a better media server
XBMC is not a media server. But if you share your videos via windows sharing, you can add them as a source via smb on the android machine.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I installed pc software and android software for XBMC...followed all instructions for sharing...I can not share media from my home computer to my android device.
ERROR MESSAGE: I/O Exception (java.io.FileNotFoundException)

http://my ip address/jsonrpc

I have no idea what this means...I am not computer illiterate but not a geek either...
can anyone helpHuh?
Same problem as this or different? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=169683
To start with a forum

subject "OMFG...someone help"

and actually get any response, let alone from a forum moderator...this is a very special group.

Having been in forums, mailing list and newsgroup for 16+ years, you have been very lucky.

In the future, I would suggest you try a more 'informative' subject line.

I am actually trying to being constructive.

I have been reamed in many groups, even when I provided hardware info, os info, app build level and even log reports.

Apparently, I am good enough to supply that stuff, but stupid and ignorant, mainly, I think, because I am not a programmer. But there you go.
Since the two threads concern the same subject (confirmed via your PM), I've merged your new "OMFG" thread with your previous one (the one you are reading now). By the way, you'd received responses to your original thread, so there was no need to start a new one. If you have additional questions or information to add regarding your problem, just append it to this thread.
At the risk or repeating myself XBMC is not a media server. But if you share your videos via windows sharing, you can add them as a source via smb on the android machine.
Yeah he has a smart phone and is trying to access his home saved video files probably from a different location so even an smb wont help, he use plex server which can be accessed thru the internet web page... I believe this is what he is looking for??

If so there is a xbmc server program someone wrote, cant remember if it is in this xbmc forum or another im on but if ur looking to do that then thats ur best bet!
God knows what he is looking for. Sometimes I wonder why we bother to try and help on here...
Haha yeah OP u need to be more specific:

If i believe ur looking for a plex type server so u can access ur movies from away from home the one u want is in beta called

Xbmc media server

Its on this site! Im gonna try it this weekend and see how it goes to my iphone
Thank you all. I do have Plex but playback is unstable even inside the home.
I was lead to believe that XBMC was a media server, I guess some people are not as smart as they pretend to be. Big Grin
Why the hell don't you tell us what exactly you are trying to actually achieve?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NEW and need HELP0