MyGica ATV520 and Windows Network Shares
Hi all. I recently purchased a new MyGica ATV520 media player for my bedroom. Currently in my living room I have a home built small HTPC running windows 7 and XBMC for windows which connects to another Windows 7 machine which has all my media and all this has been working flawlessly and is the greatest thing in the world Smile.

In my bedroom I have very little space and my wife does not want an actual computer up there. She wanted something small and silent and that can be controlled via our Logitech harmony. Thus I found the MyGica ATV520. I plugged it into our TV in our bedroom via HDMI, hooked up the power and the ethernet cable (all the rooms in my house have ethernet, thank God). Anyhow at first boot up, I ran through the set up, did the latest firmware upgrade, connected to the internet and everything was glorious. A truly nice device. One issue however, no matter what I do it simply cannot see the network shares where I have all our tv shows, our ripped dvd library, music etc. Now all this media in on a windows 7 64 bit computer that is in my home office. Everything in the world can see the simple network shares I have. My iPad, my blackberry, my wife's iMac, my Windows 7 desktop, my Windows 8 laptop and of course my windows 7 HTPC in the living room running XMBC which I mentioned before.

Now with this android ATV520, no matter what I do I simply cannot "see" the network shares and folders. In either the XBMC app (by adding videos) or with the actual Network app, there is nothing. I have disabled all firewalls and antivirus on my windows 7 computer containing the media. I have given the ATV520 DHCP and tried Static IP. I have reserved the IP for the ATV520. I have rebooted all systems. I have disconnected all systems other than the server and the ATV520. I have tried disabling the ethernet and using only the wireless in the ATV520. Nothing.

Is there or are there some settings that I must do on my Windows 7 computer so that this android device can see the simple windows shares?
hi there i have the same problem with my MyGicaAtv520e networking shsring showing up ?? i use to have atv520 it worked fine i just got the atv520e two days algo not networking ...cant fink my computer...divces ...hope you found the problem ...help
Bobokatt07,

What firmware version are you running on the 520 and what build of xbmc are you running?

Have you verified that you are online, opening browser...etc.
I did not have trouble with my Windows7 and Linux server smb shares in XBMC on my ATV520e , but my Seagate Central 4T NAS would not detect in XBMC.
So I downloaded "CIFS Manager" from the google store (free) and mounted the NAS on the ATV520e. It then showed up as a share in the XBMC app.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyGica ATV520 and Windows Network Shares0