Solved Scraper does not pick up foreign movies from TMDB
XBMC does NOT pick up foreign TV Shows AND movies.

For TV Shows, I can set the scraper to search in a certain language with the "Change content" button.
I do that for each show. Then those foreign shows are picked up.

I can find NO way to trick XBMC into picking up foreign MOVIES that are in "themoviedb.org" and have no english metadata.
When you edit some english metadata in those movies in TMDb, the movies are picked up, but with english text only.

Help!!
Update:
Putting a release date to the movie did the trick of FINDING the movie.

Still have the problem of no plot, because there is no English plot. Just a Dutch plot.
Any way of changing that.
Leo..
adding the English plot yourself on themoviedb
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
But I don't want the English plot. These are Dutch spoken movies, so I want to read the Dutch plot.
And you can't enter a Dutch plot into the English field. It rejects any other language.
I haven't found a way yet to switch to the Dutch plot.
Perhaps you need to switch your default language in XBMC to Dutch? (Spoken by an English speaker who doesn't often have to grapple with these issues.)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi nickr.
Already thought of that before posting.
Can't change the language in "Appearance>International. Default is English.
Can change the region to "Central Europe", but that does not change anything for those movies.
But I don't want to change my WHOLE collection to Dutch. That could upset more than the few Dutch movies that are wrong.
My Dutch collection is maybe 1% of the whole lot. The rest is English.
you need to change the scraper setting, not the interface language. you could place those Dutch ones in a separate folder and add that as a separate source.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ahh, that makes sense. I will try that tomorrow.
Wawa, your location says NZ. Hello fellow kiwi. Albeit Dutch Kiwi Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yep, Dunedin.

I have tried putting all my Dutch movies into a separate folder. And scrape that folder with Movies/TMDb. But there are NO options there for language, so it did not work Sad
The only language options I can find is in the add-on section > TMDb. But if you change the language there to NL, Dutch metadata also does not work.
And even if it DID work, it could upset the rest of my movies.

I have NO problems with Dutch TV Shows. TVDb can be set per series. That works fine. English series are showing English plots, and Dutch series are showing Dutch plots.
I seem to be chasing my tail here.
Problem has been solved. I ended up with a double posting of this problem, but here is the solution.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=169689

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper does not pick up foreign movies from TMDB0