Solved Settings level button for Gotham
(2013-09-21, 09:59)Martijn Wrote: i don't like flipping back an forward to different pages to change related settings. it should all be on one page.
I'm curious as to where you think you'd have to flip back & forth if done right? I would have thought all related settings would be advanced or not, so would still be grouped together (I'm ignoring how things are split between levels currently as a lot of the guesses made split things that shouldn't have been split).

Hiding settings as default seems to me to be not at all user friendly, although I totally get the need to not confuse the newbie by overwhelming them with long settings lists, thus my idea was seeking the middle ground of having a page of settings that the majority would need for a good XBMC experience, then anything else in a sub-page for the more advanced user.

Most CE companies now do their settings in a similar way, for example on TV's stuff like colour management used to be buried out of view or only accessible via a Service menu, however due to consumer feedback this has generally been brought more to the fore by having a page of the basic settings everyone might potentially use, and then the more advanced stuff like colour management in a sub-page.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Settings level button for Gotham - by jjd-uk - 2013-09-23, 13:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Settings level button for Gotham0