Solved Settings level button for Gotham
Quote:This is not bad design as you harshly put it.

I didn't see this part of the message before, but I would like to specifically address this.

It's not a matter of being harsh or not. Saying it's bad design is not a personal attack on any person on the team. Let's not make design decisions into a personal issue. I have nothing but respect for Montellese for the settings work and Jezz_X for Confluence itself. It's not the level concept itself that is a "bad design", or any one particular thing. Like Montellese said, the settings levels are just a side effect of the settings revamp, and how to actually handle them in the GUI is another issue from what he did. How it's currently displayed in the GUI isn't something that anyone particularly worked on/strived for, in a manner of speaking.

Settings levels were added, and the way they're handled in the GUI was simply just a default and not even any particular goal or something that was worked on. The way it currently is was more of an example than the final work. This is a coat of primer, not the final paint job. Just look at the quote of Montellese in the first post in this thread.

So yeah, I'm harsh on primer. It's not an attack on anyone. There's no fire here. I just want to make that absolutely clear.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Settings level button for Gotham - by Ned Scott - 2013-09-25, 12:53

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Settings level button for Gotham0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.