Solved Ember not able to calculate duration of many files
I am noticing a problem where Ember is not able to calculate the duration for some video files. Under metadata it just shows "0" for duration and refreshing does not change it. I have found a couple hundred files so far that it does this on so it's not an isolated case. The files I've checked so far are all Mpeg2 video ripped from DVD into an MKV.

I downloaded MediaInfo 0.7.64 and it detects the duration just fine on the same files so I downloaded the MediaInfo 0.7.64 DLL and replaced the old one in \Ember\Bin\, but the same files still show "0" for duration. I am running Ember 1.3.13.
(2013-07-27, 01:43)RockDawg Wrote: I am noticing a problem where Ember is not able to calculate the duration for some video files. Under metadata it just shows "0" for duration and refreshing does not change it. I have found a couple hundred files so far that it does this on so it's not an isolated case. The files I've checked so far are all Mpeg2 video ripped from DVD into an MKV.

I downloaded MediaInfo 0.7.64 and it detects the duration just fine on the same files so I downloaded the MediaInfo 0.7.64 DLL and replaced the old one in \Ember\Bin\, but the same files still show "0" for duration. I am running Ember 1.3.13.

Will check this for my movies - if MediaInfo shows duration so should Ember. Will report back!
Thanks so much for looking into it. I should add that it is not every Mpeg2 video file that is having problems. I have many other DVD's ripped to MKV and Ember is able to calculate the duration on them just fine. I'll see if I can cut a clip of a problem video and upload it.
Here is a clip of one of my problem videos. It is a 5 minute clip of a Cheers episode ripped from DVD to an MKV. I confirmed that Ember returns 0 for the duration on this clip, but MediaInfo returns 5min0sec.

https://app.box.com/s/pexdqugfnd6s7elfwk77
(2013-07-28, 07:26)RockDawg Wrote: Here is a clip of one of my problem videos. It is a 5 minute clip of a Cheers episode ripped from DVD to an MKV. I confirmed that Ember returns 0 for the duration on this clip, but MediaInfo returns 5min0sec.

https://app.box.com/s/pexdqugfnd6s7elfwk77

Yay downloading right now and will check this out
I found the problem. Ember gets the duration of videofile from MediaInfo- Videotable - which might be empty at times! Instead we should use the duration from General-table from Mediainfo. If you change View ("view" in MediaInfo Topbar) to Tableview you can see 3 Sections General, Video, Audio and all 3 sections can have duration information, but only the one in general section is always filled.

I will fix this for 1.4 so Ember uses the duration from general section Smile Thanks for helping tracking this down!
Thanks. I hate to be "that guy", but any idea when 1.4 might be available? I use the PseudoTV addon for XBMC and it uses the runtime stored in XBMC's db. Many of mine have wildly incorrect values and i was wanting to re-scrspe my videos z and then refresh the data from the corrected NFO files.
(2013-07-29, 00:54)RockDawg Wrote: Thanks. I hate to be "that guy", but any idea when 1.4 might be available? I use the PseudoTV addon for XBMC and it uses the runtime stored in XBMC's db. Many of mine have wildly incorrect values and i was wanting to re-scrspe my videos z and then refresh the data from the corrected NFO files.

I think 1.4 won't be out anytime soon - Dan is the manager of the releases and there are still open points that should be implemented into Ember before Release of 1.4 I think. When I have the time this weekend, I will commit the duration fix and then can PM you the testbuild to try the fix out - so I know the fix is working Smile
Thanks a ton.
I releaded fix here: https://github.com/DanCooper/Ember-MM-New/pulls . Will be in coming patched v13 Ember version I think Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember not able to calculate duration of many files0