Solved XBMC issues playing albums
So, for the last month or so, my XBMC box has been acting weird when it comes to music playback. Today, I decided to investigate a little.

Some, what I believe, are pertinent facts about my setup;
  • I have a dedicated XBMC box with all of the media locally stored. The only thing it streams is the occasional YouTube video.
  • This box is most often controlled through an MCE Remote I have configured for basic and advanced functions, such as refreshing both libraries with a single button press through the usage of AutoHotKey. I've had the remote for almost a year and a half, and haven't majorly tinkered with it for roughly six months.
  • My music is synced to all of my devices with AeroFS, and the XBMC Music Source is pointed at this directory. It has been configured that way for roughly six months.

What it's doing is that when you hit play on an item, it'll play that music track...and then, at the end, stop without going on to the next one. If you hit Skip Forward(Which is the button on my remote that has always played the next track while playing albums), it most often errors out with "Playlist - Can't find a next item to play". With certain tracks it'll consistently skip forward to a track much further along in an album, but pressing it again errors out on that track.

Now, if you press Skip Backwards, which has always played the previous track on an album, it'll start to skip around, and randomly play tracks from all over the album, both backwards and forwards from wherever it is, almost like it's on a shuffle setting. Pressing Skip Forward on any of these tracks causes them to immediately error out with "Playlist - Can't find a next item to play".

What I've done to attempt and fix the issue is the following;
  1. Turned it off and on again.
  2. Toggled the "Play Next Song Automatically" setting. I thought maybe it got switched for some off reason, so I turned it off, restarted XBMC, and tried it. Nope, still does it.
  3. Then I thought maybe the setting got messed up, and turning it back on would clear the issue. Turned setting on, restarted XBMC, nope, still does it.
  4. Checked my advancedsettings.xml file, to see if anything in there should impact music playback, but all it still has are my GUI and cache for streaming tweaks.
  5. Checked my keyboard.xml file to see if anything was odd there, but all it has are the settings to help autohotkey do things like refresh both libraries simultaneously, and alternate settings for the Favorites menu and playlist editing. No overlap in keys or even functionality.

I turned turned on the Debug option and recreated the issue. Log here.

I'm at a loss of what it could be. Any ideas?

Messages In This Thread
XBMC issues playing albums - by Igtenio - 2013-07-29, 23:34
RE: XBMC issues playing albums - by artrafael - 2013-07-29, 23:58
RE: XBMC issues playing albums - by Igtenio - 2013-07-30, 01:25
RE: XBMC issues playing albums - by artrafael - 2013-07-30, 02:19
RE: XBMC issues playing albums - by Igtenio - 2013-07-30, 18:15
RE: XBMC issues playing albums - by Martijn - 2013-07-30, 18:25
RE: XBMC issues playing albums - by Igtenio - 2013-07-30, 20:21
RE: XBMC issues playing albums - by Martijn - 2013-07-30, 20:31
RE: XBMC issues playing albums - by artrafael - 2013-07-31, 00:04
RE: XBMC issues playing albums - by Igtenio - 2013-07-31, 00:24
RE: XBMC issues playing albums - by artrafael - 2013-07-31, 00:39