Req Live TV Suggestions: Addons as channels; custom text as EPG data
This is actually two suggestions, but they are related...

1. I'd love to see the ability to link a stream from an addon to a Live TV channel.

For example, there are addons that contain live streams, such as NASA TV, World News Live, ESPN, and FilmOn. I would like to link these streams to a channel in my Live TV section. This way, all live broadcasts, no matter what the original medium, are contained in one convenient location, and the channels can be automatically updated or removed as the addons are updated or removed. This should be as easy as going to the channel manager, clicking "Add addon link as new channel" (or something similar), and browsing through the addons to find the streams you want. If there is a way to add some sort of recording facility for these so that timeshifting is possible, that would be nice, too (but not crucial).

2. Allow custom text to become a constant EPG data entry for a channel.

I've found on occasion that some antenna broadcast channels, and many of the above-mentioned streams, don't offer EPG data anywhere. As a result, these channels are excluded from the timeline view. Allowing the user to add a short descriptive text to be displayed as EPG data throughout the entire timeline would help.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV Suggestions: Addons as channels; custom text as EPG data0