Solved Help, XBMC Crash Log
This is my first post so if I am asking a stupid question sorry in advance.

I decided I was going to turn my old computer that I just left in storage into a HTPC.
It currently has Windows Vista installed.
I downloaded XBMCbuntu and tried to install it on the computer by burning the iso to a CD and booting the computer with the CD.
When I select to install the OS it loads and and then the text 'unable to find medium containing live file system' appears.
I found out this is due to the computer having to have in the BIOS set to AHCI instead of IDE.
The thing is my computer does not have the option to do that as it is too old. (I went into the regedit and changed the AHCI value to '0' but it made no difference to the options in my BIOS.
I went onto the website for my motherboard to check if there was an update for the BIOS (encase if there was an update that enables he use of AHCI), but no luck there as well as my bios are the newest for the motherboard.

So my actual question after all the details sorry, Is there a version of XBMCbuntu that can be installed with IDE enabled? Or if any of you can think of another method that can be used as a substitute?
How do you now that this is from AHCI/IDE? That generally shouldn't be an issue. The error message usually points to a different problem.

However - are you able to install a "normal" Ubuntu? Otherwise - it sounds like a kernel related problem, that would be something you have to take up with the Ubuntu folks :/
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

I figured out if I unplugged my CD Drive I was able Boot up ISO on as USB instead.
I installed the latest version of XBMCbuntu. I got through the installation fine, but now when I open the program XBMC the splash screen appears and after a few seconds the program crashes and a XBMC crash log is created. I have no experience with coding, so I was wondering if someone could just check it and see if they know how the problem can be fixed.

Any help would be much appreciated.

(MOD EDIT: Removed log contents pasted directly in post)

Sorry for the hassle from that post.
Here is a link to the crash log http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=41093
Please do not paste log contents directly in your post as this creates too much clutter in the forums. Instead, upload your entire debug log (wiki) to a public paste site such as www.xbmclogs.com and post just the assigned URL here.
What is your video card?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help, XBMC Crash Log0