The "i" button on the MCE Remote As Right Mouse Button?
Hi,

As the title suggests, I am trying to find a way to make my "i" button (information button i think?) on my MCE remote to act as a right mouse button to bring up context menu's. Lacking the ability to do this is the only reason I have to keep reaching for my keyboard! I really am trying to find a simple way to do this as I have seen some massively complicated methods but am hoping there is a really simple way to do this :-)

Thanks in advance :-)
Enable debug logging in XBMC and then press the "i" button on your remote several times. Examine your debug log (wiki) to see how XBMC interpreted those keypresses. Once you know that, you can use a custom keyboard.xml (wiki) file to map the button to the ContextMenu function.
artrafael has it. Also, if it helps, the context menu is activated by the letter C on the keyboard. I use a Harmony remote and for the longest time I was trying to emulate the right-click of a mouse, but in the end, the C key was really what I was looking for.
I'd leave i as info and find another button...

Theres often a DVD Menu button, which is what I'd use.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-07-31, 04:39)KennethC Wrote: artrafael has it. Also, if it helps, the context menu is activated by the letter C on the keyboard. I use a Harmony remote and for the longest time I was trying to emulate the right-click of a mouse, but in the end, the C key was really what I was looking for.
+1 on this

Mapping the C key press is the best solution for what you want, in fact you may find the Guide button on your MCE remote is already mapped to "C" for the Context menu.
Hi All,

Thanks for your help, I couldn't get any keymaps to work at all from my MCE6 remote, but found this automatic conguration http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remote.html and everything is working perfectly now :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The "i" button on the MCE Remote As Right Mouse Button?0