Solved Video playback stopped working
Tonight I tried some tweaks to my XBMCbuntu build. However, in the process I have seemed to have broken something, but I cannot figure out what.
I was trying to fix some issues I had with sound in external applications (via Advanced Launcher), but although sound works again, video playback does not. Videos start for a second but than get stuck in a black screen...sometimes audio keeps on playing for a short e while before stopping, after which xbmc does not respond at all and i have to reboot.

This is what I have done:
- Remove pulseaudio via sudo apt-get autoremove pulseaudio (removed also some other packages, dunno which ones though)
- Change asound.conf and .asoundrc files - now changed back again

I also added SNA acceleration via the XORG.conf file, but this is not the issue as it worked before.

Could anyone have a look at my error log and help me out here?

Btw: I am running an Intel based system (Asrock B75M, Intel Pentium G2120) on XBMCbuntu 12.2. Video playback via VLC player from another laptop works flawlessly, so its not the file or NAS...

Btw2: i forgot to mention that i also updated all my packages using apt-get update & apt-get upgrade. Could it be a driver issue?

Error log
Not a debug log.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
oops, posted only the error log indeed.
Will include an error log this evening...
Ok, two debug logs added:

1 - Started Avatar (MPEG4, audio AC3, Dolby Digital), worked flawlessly. Than starting Cloverfield (MPEG4 AVC, audio DTS audio). Starting Cloverfield crashed the system (no sound, debug info froze on the screen, had to hard reboot)
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=41149

2 - Start 30 days of night (MPEG4 AVC, audio MPEG AAC mp4a). Video crashes directly, audio kept on playing.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=41154

Cant figure out why Avatar played like a charm...

I do see these coming by:
Code:
CAESinkALSA - Unable to open device "hdmi-remap:AES0=0x06,AES1=0x82,AES2=0x00,AES3=0x02" for playback

and

Code:
20:09:11 T:2970598208    INFO: CAESinkALSA::Initialize - Attempting to open device "dmixer"
20:09:11 T:2970598208    INFO: CAESinkALSA::Initialize - Opened device "dmixer"
20:09:11 T:2970598208    INFO: CAESinkALSA::InitializeHW - Unable to open the required number of channels

Seems it does have something to do with the sound drivers?[/code]
get rid of ~/asoundrc and/or /etc/asound.conf, disable AAC passthrough.

also check our audio output device for non-passthrough
I got fed up and reinstalled XBMCbuntu all anew, everything's working like a charm again (all sound options, including AAC passthrough, enabled).
Must have wrecked something pretty badly....

Thanks for the support

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback stopped working0