Release NFL Teams
I hate to be one of THOSE people, but it is working for me.
I checked after slapping in RC1 last night.

Granted I am a Bills fan and that is the only channel I check out.
It probably gets low traffic.

GO BILLs!
I figured it out. Reason it didn't work for me is I installed a fresh version of XBMC with Gotham RC1. If you do it that way it says it's incompatible. What I did was install Frodo which allowed me to install NFL Teams then I updated to Gotham and everything worked no problem. In case anyone else runs into the problem
Hi everyone!

I am sorry about the long radio silence on my part, apparently I had my forum subscription notifications messed up, so I didn't get any notification that people was writing on this thread even though I was subscribed to it. I only saw it because the addon didn't work on Gotham, so I set out to fix that.

There has been a new version of the addon release today which fixes a number of things. The change log goes as follows:
  • Made addon compatible with XBMC Gotham.
  • Fixed playback issue with videos from central NFL site.
  • Added setting for maximum bitrate of videos.
  • Added date for when videos came online to video list.
  • Fixed problem with browsing categories where we strip part of the name.
  • Updated categories for all teams.

I have submitted the new version to the repository, but it may take a while before it shows up. If you can't wait for that, you can download it directly from here: https://github.com/Tenzer/plugin.video.n...v1.1.2.zip.

Enjoy!
(2014-05-17, 21:32)Tenzer Wrote: I have submitted the new version to the repository, but it may take a while before it shows up. If you can't wait for that, you can download it directly from here: https://github.com/Tenzer/plugin.video.n...v1.1.1.zip.

Thanks for the updated addon, really excited about the bitrate setting. I do have a question though. Why does the video buffer for so long at the start of each video? It requires me to manually unpause the video for it to start, and once I do the cache starts to increment as the video plays. Is this a bug? Please see attached video to see what I am seeing.

http://screencast.com/t/jbenRhfI
(2014-05-20, 13:53)mrdally204 Wrote: Thanks for the updated addon, really excited about the bitrate setting. I do have a question though. Why does the video buffer for so long at the start of each video? It requires me to manually unpause the video for it to start, and once I do the cache starts to increment as the video plays. Is this a bug? Please see attached video to see what I am seeing.

http://screencast.com/t/jbenRhfI
I mentioned that in the original post:
(2013-07-31, 18:10)Tenzer Wrote: One of the non-optimal things I have noticed, it that some of the videos buffer for a long time before starting. It seems to be because the CDN hosting the videos tell XBMC the file is 2 GB large, which it really isn't, so XBMC starts to download the file and expects to download a whole lot more than what the video actually fills. I don't know of any way I can improve on this, so the workaround I have been using is to press "Play" when the video has been buffering for a bit and then it works just fine.
I'm not aware of any way where I from the addon can choose how much XBMC should buffer before it starts playing, so I still don't have a workaround for the problem. If just CDN wasn't lying about the size of the files, everything should work better.
I guess the op was TLDR for me, lol. Thanks again for the update. I will see if I can locate a work around for this issue and will post back. its not a huge deal, but would be really nice to have "fixed"
Do you have any idea what the hold up is for your app being updated on the official repository? I've manually updated it on a few instances but others are still showing the old version.
Any chance of getting an "All Videos" folder at the root - I follow lots of different teams and it would be easier to parse videos manually through a single location.
(2014-05-27, 17:02)mrdally204 Wrote: Do you have any idea what the hold up is for your app being updated on the official repository? I've manually updated it on a few instances but others are still showing the old version.
The XBMC developers has helped me broaden the compatibility of the addon to span multiple XBMC releases, and also asked me to make a few changes before it could be accepted. That has unfortunately taken a bit of time, especially since there have been some time in between when I had time to work more on the addon. I have however submitted a new version to them today, and I hope that will be accepted.

(2014-05-31, 01:20)Jack_Whyte Wrote: Any chance of getting an "All Videos" folder at the root - I follow lots of different teams and it would be easier to parse videos manually through a single location.
I don't think that's something I will add. There are multiple reasons for this:

1. In order to show that list I would have to make 32 HTTP requests (one for each team), where I get 50 videos back for each. I would then have to sort that list and remove any duplicate videos (the ones which come from NFL centrally) before I could show it. That would take a long time, especially on lower end hardware such as the Raspberry Pi, and would likely also take up a fair bit of memory.

2. I doubt that many people would find it a useful feature, as I think most people just follow one team.

3. Since the videos are meant to be shown on each team's website, they typically don't have a title which is descriptive of what team it is for. So having a list of videos for all teams in one long list will likely make it difficult to figure out which team each video is for.
The addon should be updated in the repository now! Smile
Thanks for the reply, and I do understand the technical issues with making so many simultaneous http requests - that's a very valid concern that I hadn't considered. Love the addon in following my fave NFL teams, but I still miss the NFL.com access to NFL Network/AM updates and videos.

Is there any chance you might give the NFL.com addon a quick look to see if a quick URL fix would be applicable? NFL.com switched their website layout again, and the old locations don't seem to work, although a few are still valid, like Featured Videos/Video Home.

Thanks.
(2014-06-02, 13:20)Tenzer Wrote: The addon should be updated in the repository now! Smile

Hello,

I can't find your repo, can you post a link or the zip file?

I've downloaded 1.1.2 and tried to play the videos for the 49ers and nothing working. I live in the UK if that has any weight in the matter. I tried to change the settings a bit to see if a slower connection would help but no.

Any help would be appreciated, love this addon!

Dza
BUMP

The NFL season is about to start up and this addon can use a little maintenence. Is there a dev out there that would be willing to fix this up a little.

I have noticed that the Dallas Cowboys videos appear to be broken (maybe more). A quick look into it shows that a link it was using for cdaweb is no longer valid. This could possibly be fixed by fixing this url but I don't know how to find the proper one

_cdaweb_url = "http://www.dallascowboys.com/cda-web/"
(2015-08-17, 21:11)mrdally204 Wrote: The NFL season is about to start up and this addon can use a little maintenence. Is there a dev out there that would be willing to fix this up a little.
Hey. Thanks for notifying me about this. As a Cardinals fan myself I don't visit the other team sections very often. I'll make sure to go through them one of the following days and try to get it updated.
(2015-08-17, 21:15)Tenzer Wrote:
(2015-08-17, 21:11)mrdally204 Wrote: The NFL season is about to start up and this addon can use a little maintenence. Is there a dev out there that would be willing to fix this up a little.
Hey. Thanks for notifying me about this. As a Cardinals fan myself I don't visit the other team sections very often. I'll make sure to go through them one of the following days and try to get it updated.
I just had a quick check through the list of teams, and the ones that currently doesn't work are Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots, San Diego Chargers and Seattle Seahawks. They have apparently switched to another way of getting the list of videos, and no longer use the same as the rest of the league :/
There's a bit more work to this since it requires a new way of parsing the data, unless I just missed something on my quick check.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFL Teams0