Release NFL Teams
Good to see you Tenzer, I thought we lost you for a minute. Looking forward to your fixes!
(2015-08-17, 21:34)mrdally204 Wrote: Good to see you Tenzer, I thought we lost you for a minute. Looking forward to your fixes!
I found some time to look at it and got it all fixed. I have submitted a new version of the addon to the repository which will hopefully show up and auto update in a day or two. If you can't wait that long, you can instead download the zip file from https://github.com/Tenzer/plugin.video.n...s/releases and update it manually.
I've found some time to give the addon another update, the changes this time are:
- Fixed bugs related to non-ASCII characters in video titles and descriptions.
- Renamed St. Louis Rams to Los Angeles Rams.
- Fixed bug related to category names which contains characters with special meaning in URLs.
- Made the "All Videos" entry bold to make it clearer that it's special.
- Added "All Videos" category for the NFLC teams: Chargers, Cowboys, Patriots, Seahawks.
- Added caching for all requests to the teams websites, they are cached for one hour.
- Updated categories for all teams.

The update has been submitted for inclusion in the official repository, but is otherwise also available from https://github.com/Tenzer/plugin.video.n...s/releases.
@Tenzer thank you .
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I love this addon!
Fortunately, the Denver Broncos worked for all of last season. A lot of the teams would not show recent videos under the All Videos section. I suspect that this was addressed in the January update.
Unfortunately, the videos under the Denver Broncos have not been updating since ~February. I suspect that they changed the directory structure where their videos are stored?
Is it possible for you to update the add-on so that it is current for the Denver Broncos?

Thank you so much! Great to go to a game and then come home and be able to quickly queue up the game highlights, locker room interviews, and press conferences. It's so much easier than navigating their (flash-based) website.

One other comment, it would be nice if there was a way to adjust the buffering in the settings. Typically, the video buffers for the length of the video but will play fine if you just give it 2 or 3 seconds and then press play.
Hey Onehoop.

I'm happy that you like the addon. I'll try to see if I can find the time to get it updated within the next couple of days, as it's likely that they have changed the video categories on the website ahead of the next season.

I've not been able to find a way to inform Kodi about how long to buffer the videos for. The problem is that the CDN which the videos are played from is lying about the size of the videos it's serving, it's saying they are 2 GB large even though they aren't, which makes Kodi start buffering them until the entire video has been downloaded. I however find that you often can just press play after a couple of seconds of buffering - as you've noticed - granted that your internet connection is fast enough to download the rest while you are watching the video.
Hi Tenzer. I love the add on but the Philadelphia Eagles listing isn't updating. They likely changed things, they are always updating between seasons. Can you take a look if you have some time?

Thanks!
I can not get any videos newer than 9/3/17 on the Chiefs page. This add on worked great last year and is the best add on that we have. Missing videos and team news this year. Very bummed. Any help would be greatly appreciated [/size]
I've received a report of the plugin not getting new videos on the GitHub repository as well: https://github.com/Tenzer/plugin.video.n...s/issues/7. I've now found out that I'm likely using a plugin wrong to do the caching of responses from the websites, causing the responses to be cached forever. I'm looking into getting this fixed and getting an update to the plugin out there.
I have found a fix for the problem with the addon caching responses forever. You can update the addon manually by installing https://github.com/Tenzer/plugin.video.n...-1.3.4.zip, or wait a day or two until the updated version (1.3.4) becomes available in the Kodi repository.

I'm sorry that this has been broken over 8 months when I added the cache functionality in the first place. It's probably pretty visible from this that I don't use the addon myself on a daily basis (I don't have a Kodi box set up any more), so I have to rely on getting some feedback on necessary changes - either here or on the GitHub repository with the code - in case things stop working or if there's any features you'd like to see.
Hi,

The Philadelphia Eagles menu isn't loading.  I'm guessing they changed the structure again.
(2019-08-03, 03:33)groty Wrote: The Philadelphia Eagles menu isn't loading.  I'm guessing they changed the structure again.
Hey. I just installed Kodi on my laptop to have a look and can see that it's a problem with all the teams. I haven't had a chance to look further into what has changed and how big a work it would be to fix it, but as noted in my last post in here, I don't use Kodi on a daily basis any more and thus neither this plugin.

It would probably be better if somebody else would be able to look into this and submit a pull request to fix it, or otherwise take over maintaining the plugin as it doesn't make much sense for me to continue to do it when I don't use it myself. Time is also harder to find to look into these things with a growing family around me.
(2019-08-03, 19:23)Tenzer Wrote:
(2019-08-03, 03:33)groty Wrote: The Philadelphia Eagles menu isn't loading.  I'm guessing they changed the structure again.
Hey. I just installed Kodi on my laptop to have a look and can see that it's a problem with all the teams. I haven't had a chance to look further into what has changed and how big a work it would be to fix it, but as noted in my last post in here, I don't use Kodi on a daily basis any more and thus neither this plugin.

It would probably be better if somebody else would be able to look into this and submit a pull request to fix it, or otherwise take over maintaining the plugin as it doesn't make much sense for me to continue to do it when I don't use it myself. Time is also harder to find to look into these things with a growing family around me. 

I understand.  Thank you for looking into it.  Would it be possible to put a note in the app that advertises for someone with app dev experience to take it over?  With football season coming I'm sure there will be quite a few fresh downloads.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFL Teams0