Using XBMC over a WIFI Network
Hello everyone. My apologies if this has been asked before, but I have a Vodafone wireless router which has USB connectivity, giving me the option of using it as a central file store. It also has the option of using Twonky as a media server to use via the WiFi.

I have a Windows 7 netbook with XBMC installed, as well as a MacBook Pro running OS 10.8.4, also with XBMC installed. I also have 1 IPad 3 and 1 IPad Mini. Is it possible firstly, to use the XBMC on my netbook and Mac to access my videos/music through the WIFi if I connect an External HD to the router? Am I right in assuming that I can just follow the network path to the files and add it to my XBMC library?

Secondly, is there a version of XBMC for IPad? If not, can anyone recommend something similar to use in this scenario?

Many thanks in advance for any help.
Yes, you can do that, although when you get into high bitrate video, you will probably find that wifi can't handle it.

There is an iOS version of XBMC that will work on an iPad, but the device must be jailbroken:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ecific_FAQ
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
wifi works but I would suggest hardwired connection or looking into Ethernet over power adapters and if not than use wifi.
Also depending on your USB uplink to your router you might run into speed issues there as well.
I am sure you can get these things to work but from a long term plan I would suggest you look into a hardwired NAS for storage and hardwired clients.

I run XBMC on the iPad and it works well over wifi but its mostly for kids shows that are xvid low bit rate.
יונתן בן-חיים

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using XBMC over a WIFI Network0