• 1(current)
Req Full Blu Ray BD-J support for decrypted BluRays
Full BluRay BD-J support would be very nice.
Of course, only for decrypted BluRays.
So you could also display Java Menus and requires no extern player.
Is this already planned for Gotham?
you can already have it on linux AFAIK if you use a external libbluray with bd-j support and compile XBMC with bd-j support. It's not added/enabled by default because it's not that easy to compile a bd-j enabled libbluray in our mingw environment on windows (gave it a try once but failed). Other platforms need to be tested as well.

I haven't followed development of libbluray, but is bd-j support somewhat stable by now? Back then when elupus added basic support for it (via external libbluray) it was still quite buggy.
I built 0.3.0 with mingw some time ago, but as you said it was buggy...
didn't try myself, but on ubuntu: sudo apt-get install libbluray-bdj libaacs0

if you google libaacs you might even be able to get some encrypted discs running. There is also a forum thread about this somewhere.
so to sum it up - 0.3.0 is current stable libbluray and this version has too many bd-j bugs. So I see no reason to ship XBMC with 0.3.0 and BD-J enabled as long as it doesn't work reliable (even if support is already there). Reason is, we will be flood with lot's of BD-J issues/complaints even if it's not our fault And won't pack/ship non-stable versions of libbluray with XBMC. So let's wait for the next libbluray release and evaluate again. In the meantime, people can enable BD-J support if they really want it - but they need to compile XBMC + libbluray themselves with according configuration.
i see there is a new version of libbluray now 0.4.0

has anyone had a chance to check if BD-J is now more stable?

Thanks,
we're about to test this, but no promises
Download a nightly windows version and try it out Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn, we bumped libbluray to 0.4.0 on windows, but BD-J support in XBMC is not enabled nor is libbluray compiled with it. So a nightly won't help yet.
(2013-10-04, 19:12)da-anda Wrote: Martijn, we bumped libbluray to 0.4.0 on windows, but BD-J support in XBMC is not enabled nor is libbluray compiled with it. So a nightly won't help yet.

Ah sorry, thought it was enabled. Guess have to wait some more.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I cant wait for this feature.
Meaning you are going to kill yourself?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
If this feature would be implemented in XBMC, the BluRay support would be perfect.

Thx

SilRe
I heard that BD-J handling in libbluray is still borked, so we have to wait
thanks for the update da-anda

do you know what the issues still are?

pity, this is the last feature i need so i can finally retire my ntv-550 as have a large library of BD ISOs. use xbmc for all other files, so much better.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full Blu Ray BD-J support for decrypted BluRays3