XBMC Live Streaming buffer - can't change it
Hi all,

Sorry if this seems like a duplicate but I can't seem to figure it out. Running 12.2 Frodo on a big Win 7 machine with 16Gigs RAM.

I frequently stream channels like Euronews from plugins such as world news live or other live stream plugins. I'm finding a lot of buffering going on with some European channels (I'm in North America so this can be explained though I do have a fairly robust internet connection). What I'd like to do is increase the buffer size for all live streaming.

From what I've read the setting to hit is as below:
<advancedsettings>
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>81943040</cachemembuffersize>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

The problem is it doesn't seem to make the slightest bit of difference. Streaming will still only buffer about 8-10 seconds before commencing playback. I would gladly increase that to double the amount if possible. Increasing cachmembuffer does not impact live streaming in any way. I've had it all the way up to 1 Gig so maybe I'm missing a parameter somewhere.

Help appreciated.
do not double post! also no help on navi-x per forum rules
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Sorry was not permitted to delete the other post. This isn't a navix specific question. Streaming in general.
Anyone with any guidance on this or is it not adjustable.
Streaming & buffers has been an issue from the earliest days of streams, usually a problem with bandwidth on either end without a lot of resolve. One thing has been earlier time-outs so you don't have to wait ages to find out that a service is non-responsive. There have been tweaks etc as there seems to be interest in streams, and I suggest you look at the forum LiveStream Requests and XML Listings or http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=97116 there's a lot of tips/tricks in these threads for you. I'm not sure if the add-on Live Streams is still supported on the local repo, but a quick Google search should turn it up with alternate links.

I should note that while streaming is a part of the base function of XBMC, some streams offer objectionable content or seem to contravene (depending on country) local copywrite and as such this forum can not support in any fashion this behaviour for fear of tainting the whole.
Thank you for the linkage. I do realize streaming is not an exact science particularly the half baked streaming providers out there (for which I'm still gratefulSmile).
Were you able to gain any insights, ichpen? Does livestreams addon work better somehow?

I have also tried modifying the advancedsettings.xml to no avail.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live Streaming buffer - can't change it0