CEC-HDMI with LG Remote
(2015-08-12, 07:10)mmm286 Wrote: I have a smart LG and I can't find the context menu. How could I map these button?

Does remote have playback buttons? If so stop then play will give context menu.
You can also use the Add-on:Keymap_Editor (wiki)
try to press stop and quickly play. In most newer lg tv the cec command that is defaulted bind to context menu is that.

Tricky i know but it works.

On my remote back and exit button sends the same code and they do exactly the same thing with no way to change them since it is the same code.
For me, pressing the Green button quickly followed by the Blue button does the trick for Back, 100% of the time. The Stop/Play buttons didn't seem to do anything. Took a bit of trial and error but it works!
Hello.

I have a LG 42LV3400, and I don't know if I can control KODI (OSMC is raspberry B+) with my TV remote.
What can I do to try it ?

Thank you.
I gave up with CEC on my LG TV, sometimes it would be fine for weeks then suddenly stop working for no reason.

Bought a 50p IR module and an Apple remote, I've mapped the buttons in a way that works well with it, couldn't be happier, now I have a super fast remote that doesn't rely on the TV's IR and CEC commands.
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_edid_file=1

after exporting the EDID file (tvservice -d /flash/edid.dat) always fixed CEC on my LGs.
Hy boys... i have a LG 49LF5900 recently added at my HOME. I have activated the Simplink and all it's working apparently:
UP DOWN LEFT and RIGHT arrow
Back and Exit apparently it's same -> How i can use Exit for back to home ?
I have try to press STOP+PLAY and no context menù appears... because ?

I press RED button and i obtain PVR addons.... and the other three colors it's working for Image and Music section............

I have read i can use the keymap_editor addons but i read it's deleted all currently keymap.... it's included all currently keymap for virtual keyboard ?

*EDIT*
I have installed the addons "Keymap editor" now......... but how it's working ?!?!? I don't see and found nothings for change the remote.xml or edit the remote configuration......
Kodi Wiki
@ Diabolik: you just choose one of the key categories and then select a function which you want to set on your Remote --> Edit Key.
Then you've 5 seconds to press the key on your remote which you want to apply the chosen function.
Don't forget to save, when you've edited everything to your favour.
Works really fine ...
Using the addon i was able to define individual functions for the red, green, yellow and blue button on my LG Remote (2012 LM Series).

edit: "Back" and "Exit" Button give Kodi / Keymap Editor the same Key ID, in my case 216. So it won't be possible to assign "Back" and "Exit" with different functions.

At least in my case ... probably other LG Remotes give Kodi different ID's for back and exit. you'll have to test that
(2015-12-26, 10:55)nokodemus Wrote: @ Diabolik: you just choose one of the key categories and then select a function which you want to set on your Remote --> Edit Key.
Then you've 5 seconds to press the key on your remote which you want to apply the chosen function.
Don't forget to save, when you've edited everything to your favour.
Works really fine ...
Using the addon i was able to define individual functions for the red, green, yellow and blue button on my LG Remote (2012 LM Series).

edit: "Back" and "Exit" Button give Kodi / Keymap Editor the same Key ID, in my case 216. So it won't be possible to assign "Back" and "Exit" with different functions.

At least in my case ... probably other LG Remotes give Kodi different ID's for back and exit. you'll have to test that

Yeah.......... apparently this is working only whit a hardware keyboard Smile you can confirm ?

Otherwise it's not a big problems....... about LG Remote i need and i have this two little trouble:

§§§ 1 §§§
My Pi2 it's connect to my LG used the HDMI 2. I have activated the simplink and all it's working fine. But if i reboot my Pi2 at restart the LG Remote no more work....... for back to use i need to switch the source and after back to select HDMI 2 from "input source" and the LG Remote restart to work... it's normal ?

§§§ 2nd little trouble §§§
I stay to watch normal TV...... if i turn on my Pi2 after about 20 seconds my TV switched automatically to HDMI 2....... because ?

@katsup:
I have also read all kodi wiki and try to found some info using google search........
about kodi wiki the manual edit it's not a easy operation Smile
Sorry for double post.... but if someone can give some help whit my previous question Smile
I have thinks to open a my thread but exist this......... it's not better to use ?
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
That sounds similar to what I get on my LG TV (a fairly dumb one, but it does have Simplink).

On mine sometimes I have to go to sources on the TV, then select the HDMI with the Pi on it and then the Simplink button and select "HDD recorder" (which is what the Pi appears to the TV as). It then tries to reconnect, usually comes up that it fails but in any case the CEC starts working fine.

As for your second little trouble, that sounds like the TV is detecting input on HDMI2 and auto-switching to it. My TV also does this with some sources, in my case my DVD player does it (via SCART in that case). I think there are some settings on the Pi relating to HDMI and CEC that you can maybe look at (in the settings menu under system > input devices > peripherals) which you may be able to use to tweak things.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
TV 43lf570, not smart. Cec works fine, but ...
Sometimes, at long idle raspberry or just using, stops working libcec(lost connection cec), it should be switched off and on in the settings of the periphery kodi.
All settings libcec is a default. Do I need to configure libcec for LG?
(2016-01-06, 09:52)DarrenHill Wrote: That sounds similar to what I get on my LG TV (a fairly dumb one, but it does have Simplink).

On mine sometimes I have to go to sources on the TV, then select the HDMI with the Pi on it and then the Simplink button and select "HDD recorder" (which is what the Pi appears to the TV as). It then tries to reconnect, usually comes up that it fails but in any case the CEC starts working fine.

As for your second little trouble, that sounds like the TV is detecting input on HDMI2 and auto-switching to it. My TV also does this with some sources, in my case my DVD player does it (via SCART in that case). I think there are some settings on the Pi relating to HDMI and CEC that you can maybe look at (in the settings menu under system > input devices > peripherals) which you may be able to use to tweak things.
Yes... inside system -> input devices there's a setting for disable the switching... but at this point if i restart the cec it's no working anymore and i need to switch source one time on tv for back to work...
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CEC-HDMI with LG Remote1