• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Reddit.com
Really good job! Many thanks!!
I keep geeting an error every time I try to run this, could it be the fact that I am using a mysql database? this is the error I get in my error log:

18:18:43 T:460 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
18:18:43 T:460 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:18:45 T:7996 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
18:18:45 T:7996 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:18:45 T:7996 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'>
Error Contents: unable to open database file
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\cordtripper\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.reddit_tv\default.py", line 717, in <module>
conn = sqlite3.connect(dbPath)
OperationalError: unable to open database file
-->End of Python script error report<--
18:18:45 T:7328 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.reddit_tv/
18:18:45 T:7328 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.reddit_tv/) failed
18:18:45 T:4400 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(2013-08-19, 00:49)cordtripper Wrote: I keep geeting an error every time I try to run this, could it be the fact that I am using a mysql database?
Yes, i missed to implement a solution for mysql dbs to get the playcount for the videos. It's needed for the play unwatched/unfinished modes. Currently, it seems not to be possible via the JSON RPC API.
Should now (v1.1.5) work with mysql databases, but the playcount couldn't be detected...
That did it, even without the playcount this add-on is awesome., Thank you so much for this.
Hello, AddonScriptorDE,

I seem not be able to install this add-on. I installed your testing-repo, and it is shown in the repo list when I click "Get Addon" in system addon menu. But there is nothing shown in your repo, and when I search "reddit", I only get the "Reddit Music" thing, which I assume it's not this add-on.

How can I find it? Thanks. My xbmc version is Frodo 12.1, and this is on Windows.
(2013-08-19, 23:16)8hatchery Wrote: Hello, AddonScriptorDE,

I seem not be able to install this add-on. I installed your testing-repo, and it is shown in the repo list when I click "Get Addon" in system addon menu. But there is nothing shown in your repo, and when I search "reddit", I only get the "Reddit Music" thing, which I assume it's not this add-on.

How can I find it? Thanks. My xbmc version is Frodo 12.1, and this is on Windows.
It's a known XBMC bug...
Try a "Force refresh" via the context menu.
That works like a charm. Great add-on, and thank you for the work.
This looks great! Thanks for making this. .I will be installing soon
I noticed that ALL searches from all videos on Reddit. Is there a way to make an option that is a combination of subreddits?
(2013-10-19, 19:04)nttbeats Wrote: I noticed that ALL searches from all videos on Reddit. Is there a way to make an option that is a combination of subreddits?
By default only the "ALL" reddit is available. You can add any reddit, combinations are also supported (Example: "funny+wtf").
After adding your reddits, you can search within them.
So glad someone made this.

However I noticed different results compared with reddit's top today listing, this addon is not using the top sort listing (top.json) and instead manually searching (search.json). Despite searching being specified as within the last day, content greater than 24 hours old is still being shown. This is very undesirable as it is not consistent with reddit's top listing and stale content is taking the place of new daily content. I can see there is a benefit in using search to return only supported video content, but if it is not returning the correct content I don't believe it is worth using.

For comparison:

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/top/?sort=top&t=day

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/search?q=...r=on&t=day
@addonscripterde - great work!

I have a request - any chance you could do an addon for upworthy.com? Kind of a similar thing, but cool content (videos and graphics, usually on youtube/viemo etc as per reddit.

Just an idea if you're looking for another script to, you seem to drill them out with amazing frequency!

Thanks for your efforts!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2013-12-05, 11:40)ghostwhowalks Wrote: I can see there is a benefit in using search to return only supported video content, but if it is not returning the correct content I don't believe it is worth using.
You don't have to use the addon! Wink Without the search, only the "videos" reddit would be really usable. But i'm not interested in it.
It has too many advantages and lists nearly the same content. Only a very few videos, which are some hours older than a day, are shown more...
If you just want to view the "videos" reddit, you can also use this reddit addon.

(2013-12-07, 03:31)bossanova808 Wrote: @addonscripterde - great work!

I have a request - any chance you could do an addon for upworthy.com? Kind of a similar thing, but cool content (videos and graphics, usually on youtube/viemo etc as per reddit.

Just an idea if you're looking for another script to, you seem to drill them out with amazing frequency!

Thanks for your efforts!
I just had a quick look, but the content is very messed up. A video addon would need a list with only videos to be nicely browsable via xbmc.
Or is there a way on the site to only view videos?
Could you not just use the RSS Feed and discard non-video posts?

Mind you if you parse them and find only a jpg, that would work too as an image (I notice in reddit you have split up the two types of content). Although I thought XBMC could now handle mixed content like that ok??

http://feeds.feedburner.com/upworthy?format=xml

...seems to be your xml rss with fairly easy to parse links in it.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2013-12-09, 00:41)bossanova808 Wrote: Could you not just use the RSS Feed and discard non-video posts?
Ahh, nice. I missed the rss feed. With it, it's no problem because it's directly visible if the article is a video or not.
When scraping the website (and not the rss feed), this would not be possible. Only after requesting each article page.

(2013-12-09, 00:41)bossanova808 Wrote: Mind you if you parse them and find only a jpg, that would work too as an image (I notice in reddit you have split up the two types of content). Although I thought XBMC could now handle mixed content like that ok??
An addon could show up under different content types. But then, i would still expect, that it would only show the appropriate content.
If there are enough images available, i can also implement image support, so it will also show up under Picture addons...
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Reddit.com2