Android Native Video output on secondary display instead of mirroring(MHL/SlimPort/Miracast)
1.Why would we need this?
Some people may want to use their Android phone/tablet as a media player to play video on a TV (connected with MHL/HDMI/SlimPort/Miracast). However, if the aspect ratio or resolution of the two screens(phone/tablet's and TV's) are different (and they usually are), screen mirroring would bring undesired black bar or scaled video on the TV. That's why we need XBMC to use the TV screen as a secondary display and output only native video on it.
2.How to do it?
iOS version of XBMC already has this feature. There is API support for secondary displays on Android 4.2 (http://developer.android.com/about/versi...d-4.2.html ) and some media players (youtube app, etc) are already using it. I hope XBMC would catch up in Android version.
Major props for suggesting this.
My Nexus 7 2013 downscales it's native 1920x1200 resolution to 1728x1080 when mirroring to my TV via Slimport. Not only are there black pillar boxes, but pixel clarity is destroyed due to the un-even downscale on both the horizontal and vertical.

The ability to output native 1080p would be a huge bonus.

Please consider implementing this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Native Video output on secondary display instead of mirroring(MHL/SlimPort/Miracast)0