WIP Media through the house.
Brick 
Hello all,
Some years ago i bought an old house i'm renovating now. And i'm doing that with a media solution trough the house. That means a tv with XBMC, or music using squeezebox.
I'm posting now my first 2 XBMC setups, and 1 squeezebox setup. I will add more later!

watch gallery

First the bathroom. Here I have build a small tv in the wall above the bath tub. It is connected to a Zotac zbox ID41 using a HDMI over UTP solution. There is a small amplifier under the bath tub, and the speakers are inside the ceiling.

Second the livingroom. Here I have a 50" Pioneer plasma screen. Connected to a Zotac zbox ID42. And a Harman Kardon receiver. Speakers are from JBL. As soon as the room on the other side is ready, I will move the zotac and the receiver to the other side of the wall. So you only see the TV. For the speakers I've made an outlet in the wall.

And the last for now, the garden. Here I have a Squeezebox reciever with speakers in the ceiling. Music is controlled by an iPad and/or iPhone.

Later on I will add the Kitchen, dining room, and the bedroom.
>XBMC in the bathtub

that. is. awesome! :D
Very polished setup.

Any details on the amp's you used for the squeeze boxes? I've found the one I have is under powered I think or poor audio quality from rasp pi.. what do you use?

Plan on expanding like this in future to rest of house, for now I use tablets as Squeeze centers. Found these and perhaps pull one apart and re route the front 3.5mm headphone jack into wall to amp > speakers. $240 plus shipping though =S

http://www.geekland.co/9-Android-40-Wall...A-E006.htm

Will also force it to run XBMC !
I'm using car-audio for it. The amp is a cheap car amplifier:
http://www.conrad.nl/ce/nl/product/37220...versterker
And these in the ceiling:
http://www.conrad.nl/ce/nl/product/37821...ker-G-5532
The volume is great Big Grin, and the quality is fairly good for the price.
Nais!
Looking great. Are you from Belgium or The Netherlands? I want a simular setup in my bathroom, but I'm having trouble finding a legal tv/monitor.
I'm from the Netherlands. I've also looked for an original bathroom tv, but those are very expensive.
So I just got a cheap LG Led monitor wit hdmi input, and placed it behind a glass plate.
It wouldn't be allowed in Belgium. Above the bathtub the maximum voltage is 12V.

I've been thinking more in the lines of a tablet, but I can't seem to find a waterproof android remote either.
I'm sure this won't be a safe place for a tv Confused
(Two and a half men S05E08 - Pinocchios Mouth)

Just put a small one behind a glass plate. And there are also 12v tv's on the market.
Also there are water proof cases for an iPad. So there are enough options.
Not sure about the bath stuff, but music in the bathroom would be nice. You might like to change your subject line to "through" not "trough"

A trough [1] is something an animal eats/drinks out of. Through [2] is what you were after Smile

[1] pronounced "troff"
[2] pronounced "threw" or "thru"

Here endeth the lesson, I appreciate English is not your first language, and REALLY appreciate that the rest of the world learns it!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Done Blush
(2013-08-07, 15:56)Nu7s Wrote: It wouldn't be allowed in Belgium. Above the bathtub the maximum voltage is 12V.

Given the caravanning community in BE and NL, surely there are some caravan-spec 12v TVs (I can find up to 20" pretty easily)? Or could you use a 12v monitor if such beasts exist, driven by a PC that's outside of the bathroom zone (e.g. in the ceiling above, or even half a house away with a decent HDMI feed)?
That's exactly what i've done. I used a hdmi over utp adapter with ir retour (12v). And the amplifier is also 12v.
The tv I used is 24v. A little to much for use in Belgium, but no 220v above the bathtub.
(2013-08-09, 12:21)Prof Yaffle Wrote:
(2013-08-07, 15:56)Nu7s Wrote: It wouldn't be allowed in Belgium. Above the bathtub the maximum voltage is 12V.

Given the caravanning community in BE and NL, surely there are some caravan-spec 12v TVs (I can find up to 20" pretty easily)? Or could you use a 12v monitor if such beasts exist, driven by a PC that's outside of the bathroom zone (e.g. in the ceiling above, or even half a house away with a decent HDMI feed)?

It's not the 12V that's the problem, but it has to be IPX4. Wich means protected against splashes of water.

You can find tv's like this, but they cost alot and the specs aren't that good. For €500 I'd rather find a tablet sollution that I can upgrade every once in a while.

http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/Brand-New-22...4ac7fe6ba3
Problem solved Big Grin

Waterproof Sony Experia Tablet Z

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media through the house.0