• 5(current)
Release iHeartRadio
(2016-05-27, 04:14)leejk Wrote: Hi,

It's working great here. Is there a way tho to make it not switch stations automatically after a while?

Thx

Hi, sometimes the stream will drop out or just end. There is a setting, I think it's "System> Music", something like "auto play next item in a list" that is enabled by default. If you disable the setting it won't automatically switch to the next station if the stream stops playing.
(2016-05-27, 21:31)xyladecor Wrote:
(2016-05-26, 00:38)divingmule Wrote: @xyladecor Yeah cant really help without a log. Normally the log file would be something like /temp/kodi.log I've never seen one that is named e.log, see here > http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#Location

Yes i understand, without a log its not possible to say anything, have no idea why nothing is written in the log. It seems the only chance i have is to wait, that it maybe runs with an update. Thanks for the plugin and the support, nevertheless!Smile

You need to find your Kodi directory, then the kodi.log should be in it. /tmp on linux is a system directory that, to my knowledge, kodi doesn't use.
@xyladecor you could also try the "Kodi Log Uploader" add-on. It can automatically upload your log file and give you a link.
http://addons.kodi.tv/show/script.xbmc.debug.log/
Thanks a lot, i will give it a try.
HI, new to Kodi and the Gbox and just enabled the iHeartRadio add-on but it gives me an error when I try to run it (error says check logs and the log viewer simply shows me the info of the add-on which is basically its version number 0.0.2). I've tried configuring it with an email account but it made no difference and I've tried to do an update but the only version it finds is 0.0.2. I am in the US so I don't think that is the problem. Any suggestions?
(2016-05-29, 03:50)sweenen Wrote: HI, new to Kodi and the Gbox and just enabled the iHeartRadio add-on but it gives me an error when I try to run it (error says check logs and the log viewer simply shows me the info of the add-on which is basically its version number 0.0.2). I've tried configuring it with an email account but it made no difference and I've tried to do an update but the only version it finds is 0.0.2. I am in the US so I don't think that is the problem. Any suggestions?

Download the zip file from the first post of this thread. Place it somewhere you can access it from Kodi. Then from Kodi main menu select "System" then "Add-ons" then "Install from zip file" and navigate to where the zip file is and select it. You should see a notice, installed or updated. Then back out and go to "Music" then "Music Add-ons".
(2016-06-03, 13:22)fanbrits Wrote: I used it once but there are too many bugs. I prefer Apple Music. Or free sites like this one

This is a ringtone scam ; edit or delete the above post
Hi
is 0.0.6 the latest release ?
I have the addon installed and it is working fine but I cannot get the TSN1200 sports station, searched with no luck, they are new to iHeart so I thought maybe an update may be in order Smile

Sens fan
Hey DivingMule, Thank you.

I have iHeart v.0.0.2 on my iMac working fine with username and password to view custom stations.

I could not access its zip, so I found your 0.0.6.zip. I loaded it onto my Amazon Fire Stick (AFS).

It plays generic and local songs/stations, but when I try to edit the login name / password, Kodi says, "This addon cannot be configured".

Is the V.0.0.2 older? I assume it is so, I now don't know which way to go. Please advise.

Here is what I did in detail.

I used AdbLink program to upload "......0.0.6.zip" file into sdcard folder in my AFS (I had only a few folders to choose from).
Then I went to Kodi system, settings, addons, install from zip file and searched for ....0.0.6.zip file.
I executed the install.
It installed and enabled
I can play iHeart thus far
I went into music menu, music addons and tried to enter its addon info/configs.
I could see info, but the word CONFIG was dim
I then tried to 'right click' into Add-n Settings and it said, "This addon can not be configured"

Thanks for your help.
Hi Kingshouse,

I think the v0.0.2 add-on you have on your iMac must be someone else's add-on. This add-on doesn't support logging into the website.

You may be able to look at the files on your iMac and find the v0.0.2.zip and copy it somewhere to install it on your other system. Check if you can find it in the 'addons/packages' directory.
Thanks for the info DivingMULE... I tried looking for the .0.0.2.zip file, but was unable to find one in my IMAC. However, I came across something quite intriguing and thought you would like to see it. I'm not sure if its an edit of your handwork, but I can only say what I see. Would you please check out both pix and provide any other ideas, you could think of? Thanks.

This has your Author Name....

This same add-on has a General Settings page.

BTW: It works fine, to my knowledge. I just couldn't locate the associated zip file.
@Kingshouse yeah, you are correct. I did have settings and a login function with that version but I never implemented any of the website features, mainly because of lack of any API documentation.

I have requested access to their API/documentation more than once but never got a response.

IMO, you are better off using the newer version of the add-on. I don't think* there are any features that the old version has over the newer. The newer version has many code improvements. One of the main ones being which stream it chooses to use for any given station. Some stations have four or five different streams to choose from, some of which don't work well or not at all in some cases.
I just installed the iHeartRadio add-on, and I really enjoy it. I do have one little problem though: Where the station/song information should be displayed is a bit mangled. For example, for a song I'm listening to on the iHeart80s channel, it is displaying:

Robert Palmer - text="Addicted to Love" song_spot-"M" MediaBaseId="1096694" itunesTrackId="0" amgTrackId="-1"...

and so on, with a bunch of weird data. Could this be fixed?

Edit: I see in an earlier post that this was addressed already, and I'm assuming there's been no breakthroughs with this issue.

I do have one other question: Where do I enter my iHeartRadio login information? I looked in the add-on page under System, but the "configuration" option was greyed out. Am I looking in the right place?
Posted yesterday, but figured it out... (I don't have permission to delete my own post, so I'll just do this) :-)
hello divingmule,

i am having problems installing from zip on openelec.

i used winscp to upload the zip file to the home/music folder and gave it 777 permissions and it errors out when trying to add it on.

any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iHeartRadio3