• 6(current)
Release iHeartRadio
@unitelife Would need to take a look at the log to be any help.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file
Hi,

I've just downloaded this and installing it on my Kodi player (15.2) installed on a Raspberry Pi. I'm getting the error "Add-on does not have the correct structure". Any ideas?

Thanx
This works really great and displays all the art.

The only thing missing is CU Lyrics. It won't pick up the lyrics probably because it has extra words in title like text. Any Fix.

All my other music addons the lyrics work fine.

Thanks
This add-on is great. I was looking for an iHeartRadio app, but couldn't find anything that worked. I was surprised when I saw that the channels that populated on the main screen were my local channels. Thank you for making this.

I did just run into a small cosmetic issue. When the station information is displayed it shows the first element fine, but then "- text=" and then continues with this type of behavior for the rest of the data elements.
Greetings:

I use this plugin daily and appreciate it very much.  Like others who have posted elsewhere in this thread, I would like to see some elements of the display refined a little bit.

For example could "Taylor Swift - text="Wildest Dreams" song_spot="M" . . ."  be changed so that it simply displays "Taylor Swift - Wildest Dreams"?

I know nothing about writing Kodi plugins or python coding.  I studied the default.py file for this plugin and it appears to me that script.module.beautifulsoup-3.2.1 is used to parse the iHeart URL and this parsing returns a significant amount of information and creates some system variables for which I have no desire to view.  Could some of this extraneous information be hidden?

The display is most disturbing when the mode is switched to full screen.

Best Regards,

S4
Hi,

The artist and song information is pulled from the stream itself. With this being a plugin type add-on, the add-on simply passes the playable URL to Kodi to play.

I'm not sure how that information is parsed, I'm guessing that the "player" is passing it back to the skin. So... fixing this would require changes to the way that information is parsed, be it the player or the skin.
Hi!
We can compare how some other players properly process Akamai tags.
Quote:apparently uses their own kind of ICY data

Another problem is that add-on is not able to open some stations like Big Machine in nightly.

INFO: CFileCache::Process - Source read didn't return any data! Hit eof(?)
divingmule, Any plans to fix this for Kodi Matrix?
hi i was wondering I'm using kodi 17.6 for some reason if i save a channel to my favourites no images are present  as artist id is a number
but if i play the station in the program i get images and correct song artist id

cheers rew88
(2020-11-20, 22:51)rocko Wrote: divingmule, Any plans to fix this for Kodi Matrix?

I have been waiting for an update to this before upgrading to Matrix as well.

But I don't know. I think the last we saw of divingmule was like 2 years ago.

I am by far not a python head. I am still a perl mutt. But someday I might have to look into divingmules git repository.

I don't know about that though. I just recently finished a small course on python and I am still not very comfortable with it.
Actually divingmule was on the forum this year on 2/23.

Maybe he will see these posts or maybe someone else will step in.
Hi everybody,

Sorry for the lack of communication :-\

I'm working on updates for Kodi V18 & V19. Give me a couple days, I've got them mostly done just have to work out a few things.
(2021-02-28, 20:52)divingmule Wrote: Hi everybody,

Sorry for the lack of communication :-\

I'm working on updates for Kodi V18 & V19. Give me a couple days, I've got them mostly done just have to work out a few things.
Thanks Divingmule,

I appreciate your iHeart radio addon and am glad you are going to make it available on Matrix.
I too am glad your still around and made the iheart radio addon available.

I do not use a lot of addons but this is one of them.
Thanks!

First post of this thread updated with download links.

Let me know of any issues or thoughts.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iHeartRadio3