No website login requested - so settings possible
Hi.
I installed the tvheadend.
When I first opened the webbrowser and type in:
localhost:9981
I was aked for user log in. Then I could do my settings like create 2 users, define the tv-card and do the channel search.
After that I did a restart. Now I am not asked about the login. I only have three registers as: "Electronic Program Guide, Digital Video Recorder and About".
I ask google and did:
sudo /etc/init.d/tvheadend stop
sudo rm -rf /home/hts/.hts/tvheadend/
sudo dpkg-reconfigure hts-tvheadend
sudo /etc/init.d/tvheadend start

After that the first time I can configure. After restart not. But I have to modify the channellist.

Thanks for your help!
Create the file ~/.hts/tvheadend/superuser with the following contents:

Quote:{
"username":"admin",
"password":"yourpassword"
}

Use those credentials to log in. Note that the superuser account will not show up in the Access Control list.
(2013-08-08, 09:11)negge Wrote: Create the file ~/.hts/tvheadend/superuser with the following contents:

Quote:{
"username":"admin",
"password":"yourpassword"
}

Use those credentials to log in. Note that the superuser account will not show up in the Access Control list.

The file ~/.hts/tvheadend/superuser
already contains the values of username and passwort who I defined.

But the website don't ask me to log-in as an admin. Is there a possibility that I must have to log-in? I think the website is starting for a user and not for a admin.
Have a look in ~/.hts/tvheadend/accesscontrol. You'll find a series of numbered files, one per access control rule that you've defined. Each file defines the user and the password for the web interface:

Code:
"username": "something",
"password": "somethingelse",

... plus the access rights that user then has (with 1 being true/enabled, and 0 being false/disabled) - "streaming", "dvr", etc. - and finally, the sequential ID of the access control rule (same as the file name) ("id").

Have a play, but I suspect you're automatically connecting as a user who doesn't have admin rights - maybe you've defined */* as the username and password, so all users connect as default, or something similar. I'd guess that you need to find and change one or both of these lines in the file that corresponds to the rule you're matching:

Code:
"webui": 0,
"admin": 0,

to

Code:
"webui": 1,
"admin": 1,
You could also try removing the accesscontrol file (not superuser) and see if it asks for a login then.

Once you log in you will stay logged in until you close your web browser. You have tried that right?
Ahhh. I think we are on the right way.
I can't open folder accesscontrol. I don't have root rights says the os. How can I get it?
I also tried:
Su cd /home/user/../accesscontrol
But I also get the message that I don't get access.

(2013-08-08, 18:08)negge Wrote: Once you log in you will stay logged in until you close your web browser. You have tried that right?

First time if I have access I close and open the browser just again and then I only have the simple view without configuration.

(2013-08-08, 18:08)negge Wrote: Once you log in you will stay logged in until you close your web browser. You have tried that right?

First time if I have access I close and open the browser just again and then I only have the simple view without configuration.
Try sudo su hts - that should give you access to all of the tvheadend config files as the hts user.

Something like...

Code:
user@host:~$ sudo su hts
[sudo] password for user:
hts@host:/home/user$ cd
hts@host:~$ cd .hts
hts@host:~/.hts$ cd tvheadend
hts@host:~/.hts/tvheadend$ cd accesscontrol
hts@host:~/.hts/tvheadend/accesscontrol$ ls -la
total 16
drwx------  2 hts video 4096 Jun 15 22:56 .
drwxr-xr-x 15 hts hts   4096 Jun 21 15:25 ..
-rwx------  1 hts video  195 Mar 28 18:33 1
-rwx------  1 hts video  192 Mar 28 18:33 2
(2013-08-08, 19:20)Prof Yaffle Wrote: Try sudo su hts - that should give you access to all of the tvheadend config files as the hts user.

Something like...

Code:
total 16

Next problem. I do not hsve a passwort for user hts. I never set it. I set the admin passwort but this does not work. This passwort i can read in superuser file. So i cant continue checking the accesscontrol folder.
We need the hts passwort. Possibility to modify it or to reset or where to set?

(2013-08-08, 19:20)Prof Yaffle Wrote: Try sudo su hts - that should give you access to all of the tvheadend config files as the hts user.

Something like...

Code:
total 16

Next problem. I do not hsve a passwort for user hts. I never set it. I set the admin passwort but this does not work. This passwort i can read in superuser file. So i cant continue checking the accesscontrol folder.
We need the hts passwort. Possibility to modify it or to reset or where to set?
You don't need the hts password - when sudo asks for a password, you enter *your* password, not the password of the target account. There's a difference between:

Code:
su hts

... for which you need the hts password, and

Code:
sudo su hts

... for which you need your own password (assuming you're in the sudoers group).

Something like...

Code:
total 16

Hi. Here are my rights...
insgesamt 20
drwx------ 2 hts video 4096 Aug 6 17:47 .
drwxr-xr-x 14 hts hts 4096 Aug 8 21:15 ..
-rwx------ 1 hts video 197 Aug 6 17:47 1
-rwx------ 1 hts video 191 Aug 6 17:47 2
-rwx------ 1 hts video 197 Aug 6 17:47 3

What now?
Rights are fine - you need to edit the file(s) [depending on how you're connecting].

If you wish, post the content of those files here and we'll have a look. It'd help if you can also tell us what user you're initially logging into the web interface as.
Hello.
After deinstalling tvheadend and reinstalling it works!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No website login requested - so settings possible0