• 39(current)
Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences
(2015-05-20, 19:40)DrJ Wrote: It is not just one file, is most of them....

Best regards.

(2015-05-19, 18:11)xbmcdoc Wrote:
(2015-05-19, 12:30)DrJ Wrote: I have tried before and it does the same thing, I don´t think it has anything to do with network speed or things like that, it seems to be related with frame refresh rate, as I have read in other webs.....

Best regards.

Sounds like android doesn't like playing that file.

Interesting. I never had an issue even with 36GB Blu-ray ISO on USB HDD playback. I use DVDmonkey to encode the files and use AC3 audio settings.

I recommend building a HTPC. You can use an Intel i5 cpu and a PCI GPU (192 cuda cores) works well. Don't rely on onboard graphics.

My experience over the last 5 years is that a lot of the Android users tend use the tv boxes as online streamer. Online files tend to be lower bandwith codec that plays just fine. If you want to get blu-ray quality playback a HTPC is the way to go.
Well, the other day I managed to install the frequency switcher add on, and although someine said it was for android 4.4, it is working perfectly fin, you can set it up to change the frequency everytime you play a movie, and get back to 60 HZ when the movie stops. According to the info my TV gives, the HZ are changed fine.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...logic-s802

So thanks to this, the slow downs are nearly inapreciable, there are some, anyway, but the number and length of them has been decreased enormously....

So thank you very much for your help. I think this change frequency feature should be included in XBMC without having to install the add on....

Best regards and thank you very much.

Best regards.

(2015-05-19, 18:11)xbmcdoc Wrote:
(2015-05-19, 12:30)DrJ Wrote: I have tried before and it does the same thing, I don´t think it has anything to do with network speed or things like that, it seems to be related with frame refresh rate, as I have read in other webs.....

Best regards.

Sounds like android doesn't like playing that file.
Well, I am afraid that the problem is not solved yet, there are less slowdowns, but still exist, and are still anoying. Specially in not HD movies, the slowdowns are more apreciable, it is very strange.....

It is a pity, because XBMC is great to manage the movie database and everything...

Best regards.

(2015-05-25, 07:37)DrJ Wrote: Well, the other day I managed to install the frequency switcher add on, and although someine said it was for android 4.4, it is working perfectly fin, you can set it up to change the frequency everytime you play a movie, and get back to 60 HZ when the movie stops. According to the info my TV gives, the HZ are changed fine.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...logic-s802

So thanks to this, the slow downs are nearly inapreciable, there are some, anyway, but the number and length of them has been decreased enormously....

So thank you very much for your help. I think this change frequency feature should be included in XBMC without having to install the add on....

Best regards and thank you very much.

Best regards.

(2015-05-19, 18:11)xbmcdoc Wrote: Sounds like android doesn't like playing that file.
(2015-06-08, 09:31)DrJ Wrote: Well, I am afraid that the problem is not solved yet, there are less slowdowns, but still exist, and are still anoying. Specially in not HD movies, the slowdowns are more apreciable, it is very strange.....

It is a pity, because XBMC is great to manage the movie database and everything...

Best regards.

Just wondering, if you play the movies on a PC/MAC running Kodi does it play well?
I have not tried this, because it is very inconvinient for me to use the pc to play the movies in the TV, but I think they play fine.... I can try with an old Xbox I have. I have XBMC there so I can try if the slowdowns happen, but Ias far as I can remember, it played the movies perfectly with my old CRT TV.....

Best regards.

(2015-06-08, 18:13)xbmcdoc Wrote:
(2015-06-08, 09:31)DrJ Wrote: Well, I am afraid that the problem is not solved yet, there are less slowdowns, but still exist, and are still anoying. Specially in not HD movies, the slowdowns are more apreciable, it is very strange.....

Best regards.

Just wondering, if you play the movies on a PC/MAC running Kodi does it play well?
One queston, Am I the only one that is having this problem or is it a common and known problem in the android platform?.

Best regards.
(2015-06-29, 14:55)DrJ Wrote: Why queston, Am I the only one that is having this problem or is it a common and know problem in the adnroid platform?.

Best regards.

More on if the bug needs to be log to Kodi or if it is a limitation of android settop boxes. I have a Intel NUC with an i5 processor and have little problem with playback. The second TV has a android box and I do notice some lag in playback if the file is over 30Gb. Online streaming works just fine.
Well, then I assume is a problem with no solution in android devices, isn´t it?.... I am so worried to hear that... because the sellers of these devices anounced them mainly to see multimedia staff, specially HD.

It is such a shame, because I am having compatibility problems with some movies in the TV and I will have to playe them using the android, and I can feel these rate falls, grrrrr....
Well, I have been answered in a forum, it seems that with the last Kodi, and with the option to adjust the frequency in start/stop, the playback is smoother, I don´t know if I can say perfect, but it is very aceptable. Now I have to create all the collection again, snifff...

And I have the problem with 3D movies, the control panel doesn´t show well in these movies. It should be displayed twiece, one above each image, so when you turn on the 3d mode in the TV, and you call the panel, it will be displayed correctly in 3D. The last version that worked for me was 13.5 gotham. the newer ones had problems with this.

Best regards.

(2015-07-16, 08:55)DrJ Wrote: Well, then I assume is a problem with no solution in android devices, isn´t it?.... I am so worried to hear that... because the sellers of these devices anounced them mainly to see multimedia staff, specially HD.

It is such a shame, because I am having compatibility problems with some movies in the TV and I will have to playe them using the android, and I can feel these rate falls, grrrrr....
Hi everyone

I have recently acquired this product and am very new to it all. Can I stream to my laptop (mac or windows) from the mygica? It is connected via wifi.

Also by stream I mean play files on to my laptop that are on the external HDD that I connected to the mygica via USB.

Thanks
If you download and install an app called Sambadroid from play store, you'll be able to see the ATV's drive as a network drive on your laptop.
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences5