• 2(current)
Release equilibrium [Gotham Alpha]
Love it!
(2013-08-17, 12:13)Vinz22 Wrote: I cant' wait to try it! :-)

(2013-08-17, 14:05)soxism Wrote: Love this proof of concept!!

Would love to try it out if you get something together Smile

(2013-08-17, 17:18)deadwolfbones Wrote: Love it!

Thanx ... There's still a lot to do ... once the home menu is ready, you can test it.
This is silly Butcha.... I know I can only have one skin on XBMC at a time, but your work makes me want to have lots of skins on XBMC at the same time.... Another awesome looking piece. Nice one!!!!
(2013-08-20, 22:28)Daavid Wrote: This is silly Butcha.... I know I can only have one skin on XBMC at a time, but your work makes me want to have lots of skins on XBMC at the same time.... Another awesome looking piece. Nice one!!!!

Big Grin

Sorry for the confusion, it's true i've started working on 3 projects and i decided to go for this one. The reasons are:

1. Cleaner Look
2. Less textures for better performance, bringing all the widgets and infos on the homescreen
3. In my opinion this one looks better in general

Stay tuned Smile

Cheers
Great to see a new original concept skin, would be nice to see the darker version, I personally am not a big fan of the Artic style colour scheme. Just to throw some ideas or the more negative point's regarding the skin rather than just giving feedback which does not entirely help the skin.

1) New Added - Obviously should be Newly Added
2) Unwatched - I am 50/50 if this is needed as if you use hide watched then all watched movies will be gone anyway
3) Currently Watched/In Progress - You have used Thor at 35% as an example. I appreciate that sometimes people may have to stop a movie and deal with an emergency, but I would say that most people would watch a movie 100%. Personally if I need to go to the toilet or go to the shops, I will use the pause button, rather than stopping the whole film. Maybe this would be more apt for on going TV shows rather than movies.
4) Imdb top rated - Again I have to say that I am 50/50 on this. I say this because does it serve a purpose? You can see for example Ben Hur is the highest rated film or Titanic how many times does this really change? Probably not as much as say highest grossing movie, but even then that does not change that much. Yes if you want to show off to your mates and they see it once and go WOW it is great, but then it just becomes like have I showed you this. Yes about 500 times now.

Hopefully you will find my comments helpful, and maybe take them on board. At the end of the day though, you need to do what you want rather than what other people want. You are the artist, the creator.

Regards

Mark
Thanx, feedback is always welcome ...

A darker Version will be released for sure ...

About your points:

(2013-08-21, 18:40)Mark Norville Wrote: Great to see a new original concept skin, would be nice to see the darker version, I personally am not a big fan of the Artic style colour scheme. Just to throw some ideas or the more negative point's regarding the skin rather than just giving feedback which does not entirely help the skin.

1) New Added - Obviously should be Newly Added

Thanx will change it

2) Unwatched - I am 50/50 if this is needed as if you use hide watched then all watched movies will be gone anyway

The home Menu in General uses predefined smartplaylists, so these are random unwatched movies. Anyway the user will be able to hide it and add custom playlists.

3) Currently Watched/In Progress - You have used Thor at 35% as an example. I appreciate that sometimes people may have to stop a movie and deal with an emergency, but I would say that most people would watch a movie 100%. Personally if I need to go to the toilet or go to the shops, I will use the pause button, rather than stopping the whole film. Maybe this would be more apt for on going TV shows rather than movies.

Well, is just a " nice to have " and already supported by skin widgets script. I've asked a lot of people and it's a very welcome feature so far ...

4) Imdb top rated - Again I have to say that I am 50/50 on this. I say this because does it serve a purpose? You can see for example Ben Hur is the highest rated film or Titanic how many times does this really change? Probably not as much as say highest grossing movie, but even then that does not change that much. Yes if you want to show off to your mates and they see it once and go WOW it is great, but then it just becomes like have I showed you this. Yes about 500 times now.

Here same as mentioned in Point 2

Hopefully you will find my comments helpful, and maybe take them on board. At the end of the day though, you need to do what you want rather than what other people want. You are the artist, the creator.

Regards

Mark

Cheers
No probs. Always better to give a more balanced view rather than just going WOW, as that does not help a skin. Personally if XBMC knew when I fell asleep while watching a movie or a TV show, and said that you fell asleep at 35% that too me would be excellent. Sadly that is a very long way off lol
Info Screen Movies Home Widgets:

Nod very nice!

No director, writer, cast, year or path on the info screen? I think these are all more useful/interesting than codecs or studio.

My only other criticism/feedback is that it seems like it would be hard to tell exactly where the focus is because the focused items use the same pink as other unfocused parts. I find it can be a bit disorientating if you can't tell where the focus is on first glance - you shouldn't have to make the focused item change/move to just be able to tell whereabouts it is.

Overall though its looking excellent. Looking forward to trying this one.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2013-08-26, 02:30)jurialmunkey Wrote: Nod very nice!

No director, writer, cast, year or path on the info screen? I think these are all more useful/interesting than codecs or studio.

My only other criticism/feedback is that it seems like it would be hard to tell exactly where the focus is because the focused items use the same pink as other unfocused parts. I find it can be a bit disorientating if you can't tell where the focus is on first glance - you shouldn't have to make the focused item change/move to just be able to tell whereabouts it is.

Overall though its looking excellent. Looking forward to trying this one.

Hi Mate, thanx for your comments ...

sadly all these infos aren't avaiable for skin widgets ... this is not the info screen by pressing i, it's the info screen accessed by the widgets on home.
About the focused button, you're right i have an idea how to make it better ...

Cheers
Ah I see. I thought it was the movie info screen.
This skin looks great I can't wait to try it
In Action:

Video Preview 1
Nod

Wow! The info animation is excellent. And you've solved the focus issue perfectly IMO.
nice animation !
afraid things might be a little small from where I stand ( I mean distance from TV)
but again, nice animation!!
cheers
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
equilibrium [Gotham Alpha]17