Can't get 1 folder/movie name to work
My first post here, so please forgive me if I'm being stupid Wink

Running Frodo on an Ubuntu Linux box. No problems until now - I think it may have something to do with the length of the folder/file name, but I really don't know.

I have been busy loading in my DVD's, and for the last 2 nights I've been working away at my Harry Potter DVD's. Everything has gone fine until I got to "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1". As with my other movies, I created a folder named "Harry.Potter.and.the.Deathly.Hallows:.Part.1(2010)". Within that folder are 2 files:

- "Harry.Potter.and.the.Deathly.Hallows:.Part.1.m4v"
- "Harry.Potter.and.the.Deathly.Hallows:.Part.1(2010).nfo" which contains the address to the imdb entry for the movie

This has worked for all other movies. This one just shows the folder title instead of the movie name (on ones that work the name doesn't have the (date) information showing on the menu). No information is available - it's says no movie found in path. If you click the menu entry it just shows an empty folder structure - no movie file.

I thought this had to be a typo, so I even copied/pasted the name for the folder name, the .nfo file name and the movie name (removed the (2010) from the movie name as with all the others).

The only difference I see is that this folder/file name is longer than all the rest I have done so far and that work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
The nfo should be named the same as the movie, not the same as the folder, or just movie.nfo

See NFO_files/Movies (wiki)

Quote:movie.nfo will override all and any .nfo files in the same folder as the media files if you use the "Use foldernames for lookups" setting. If you don't, then moviename.nfo is used. If there is only one .nfo file in a folder, The scraper will use it for all media files in that folder. If there are multiple media files in a folder, the *.nfo should be named exactly the same as the video file it is representing (ie. moviename.avi and moviename.nfo).
Had to rec-scan the movie, then everything works fine. File naming conventions are what I found on the net in an easy to follow how-to and works fine with everything I've done.
(2013-08-08, 09:47)squakie Wrote: As with my other movies, I created a folder named "Harry.Potter.and.the.Deathly.Hallows:.Part.1(2010)". Within that folder are 2 files:

- "Harry.Potter.and.the.Deathly.Hallows:.Part.1.m4v"
- "Harry.Potter.and.the.Deathly.Hallows:.Part.1(2010).nfo" which contains the address to the imdb entry for the movie

The only reason it works is because there is only one NFO in the folder, and it defaults back to that.
The naming of the NFO itself is not correct for the XBMC naming scheme. It looks for Harry.Potter.and.the.Deathly.Hallows:.Part.1.nfo first
Well, the instructions I found on the net to set this up showed having the date - in the folder name and in the nfo filename. It is supposed to have something to do with being sure the correct release is found for a movie that has been made more than once. I've also had problems with it NOT working if I don't do it that way.
The instructions you followed are wrong, but you got lucky that it worked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get 1 folder/movie name to work0